Whatever happened to the days of drawing rainbows and flowers with sidewalk chalk?
Maggie has informed me that geometry is the most fun math she has ever done. I guess she wasn't joking because now she's doodling about it on the back patio.

Line - a line that never ends
Line Segment - a line that has two ending points
Parallel line - lines that never cross and never end.
...and on and on and on.
She went on to write about rays, intersectine lines, intersecting line segments, parallel line segments, etc...ALL OVER the patio. It was like my 3rd grade math book glossary all over again.
In my opinion, she totally deserves an A+ for this work.
thats super cute. they're so smart huh? kendra was telling me a riddle: what's the difference between a one and a line? a line can never end, and a one has a stopping and starting point. who comes up with this fun educational stuff?
Laurie Von said...
February 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM
You should totally give this to her teacher and get the girl some extra credit!
Tera said...
February 4, 2010 at 7:37 PM
I'm still drawing rainbows and flowers! I can see why she is YOUR daughter and not mine. Although, I think that you out-distanced me at about her age. Maybe you should pick up a few engineering books at the library for her to thumb through. Tell her "Good job" from grandma.
Mom said...
February 5, 2010 at 8:22 AM
Maggie is great. Who knew math was so much fun... not me. In fact, she might need to pass some of that information on to me. I seem to have forgotten some of those definitions.
Ingrid said...
February 6, 2010 at 6:40 AM
This is such a cute post! I want to join the sisterhood! Where do I sign up?
Stephanie M Larsen said...
February 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM