Pages

I saw the clock at 2:30 AM, 3:30 AM, heard Reas' alarm at 4 something (poor guy). Now it's 7:30 and I'm feeling half zombie. I was awake partly due to the fact that I had baby toes in my ribs and a head against my bladder,but mostly because I'm going to be pushing out a baby sometime in the next 25 days and I've hit freak out time. I'm not worried about labor...that just kind of happens all on its own. I'm pretty much worried about everything else. I've always had a tendency to let things hit me all at once and then I get all stressed out.

Basically, for 3 hours I was tossing and turning thinking, "I need more diapers. I need to deep clean the entire house. I need to find a baby blessing outfit. Who's going to take the kids school clothes shopping? Remember to call the doctor to schedule Claire's last round of Kindergarten immunizations. Claire's starting school. CLAIRE is going to be in REAL school. Panic, sweat, cry. Who's going to be able to watch the kids while we're at the hospital? Why can't my family be closer? Reas' new job will be starting soon...Reas' new job! I haven't even posted about that yet. So much change all at once. Do I need anything else for the baby? The carseat still needs to be cleaned up. I better pack my hospital bag. Remember to tell my nurse not to give me Lortab. I need to get some meals in the freezer, or at least stock up on chicken nuggets and corndogs. Engorgement. If I can only just keep up on the dirty laundry...

And on and on and on. That's why I couldn't sleep. Dumb.

Sometimes I wish that life didn't have to be so complicated. The pioneer women just pulled the wagon over, found a nice shady rock to lean up against, and pushed the baby out. Done. Not that I'd really like the rock method, but it does sound easier in a way. No insurance nonsense or endless doctor's appointments, or worrying about whether or not your labor and delivery nurse will be normal. I could do without all of that.

I suppose I just need to make a list and start working through it. Somehow I've gone from having all the time in the world to being right around the corner from so much change and having so much to get done. I think that's a direct result of perfecting the art of procrastination. Dang it.

I'm not sure what the point of all this rambling is, but I do feel better now after getting it all out of my brain. Gotta love cheap therapy.

And just to show that I am actually getting something done, looky here at all this freshly washed baby cuteness. I am beyond excited to meet the little guy and put him in a pair of soft jammies. By the way, Claire and Lily think it is hysterical that he's going to come out naked. I say, doesn't it seem more weird to think of him coming out fully dressed??


And while we were in CA, my mom and sister helped me lengthen this $6 maternity dress with lovely satin fabric I found at JoAnn's. Now it's way more "mom" appropriate but not to "mom-ish" if you know what I mean. I can't figure out why the makers of maternity clothes all seem to think we want our tooshies hanging out...or that other people want to see our tooshies hanging out. Anyway, I know I'm a little short on time to be able to actually wear it a whole lot, but at least I'll go out with a bang. Besides, at this point in pregnancy a new outfit goes a long way emotionally. Yes, it sounds extremely shallow, but we all know it's true! Shelly taught me how to make these fun flowers for accessorizing.


Clothes are always a good distraction from real life :)










6 comments:

You are so organized and on top on things, you will have it all together. I think everything always seems so much more upsetting in the middle of the night. That is when I do my best worrying too.

That dress is SO cute!

July 15, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

I love that dress! So cute! I'm sorry for all your stress and worrying - just know that it will all work out for the best! My favorite quote from Pres. Hinckley says:

It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.

I hope you get some rest in the next 25 days! =) If I lived near you, I would totally kidnap you for some ice cream and relaxing girl time! Good luck!

July 15, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

Thanks Jenn. I wish you were closer too! And yes, Jori middle of the night is never a good time for worrying. Guess the good thing is by morning everything seems better!

July 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

Sounds like you might want to try out a home birth! ha ha. Jk. but then you wouldn't have to deal with half that stuff.

btw- I think you are more on top of things than I ever am. You'll do great.

July 15, 2011 at 3:18 PM  

If you already have the clothes washed, diapers bought and ready to go, you are on top of things.:) I love all those cute, green, blue and brown clothes. I would love to take Claire or any of your kids shopping on July 25th or do anything else I can to help the day I will be in Vegas. Love your new dress! Can't wait to see you.

July 16, 2011 at 5:46 AM  

I remember all too well that last month of pregnancy where you really should be storing up all the sleep you can to get ready for the marathon nursing nights....and yet, you like awake all night with bones that ache, muscles that stretch, and a mind that can't seem to shut off. It really is unfair, isn't it?

But the part of your blog that talked of feet in your ribs and a head on your bladder made me wish I was pregnant...almost!

July 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home