Pages

Reas and I have been an item for 16 years.  Some might argue it's only been 14 because of the 2 years he was on his mission.  I wrote him every week.  He wrote me every week.  Totally an item...except I dated and  flirted and maybe even kissed someone while he was out of the country, but only due to extreme peer pressure from my sweet and more experienced college roommate, Amanda - one of the best flirts BYU has ever seen.  (Love you Manda!)  Anyway, so yes, 16 years of love, over half of which Reas was in school of some sort, ranging from highschool to grad school, followed by 14 months of studying for four separate CPA Exams.  What I'm basically saying is I've seen a whole lot of the back of his head as he has sat studying at the computer.  It hasn't been easy. There have been a whole lot of nights of me putting kids to bed and then quietly waiting, wondering how much longer he'd be studying. There have been a truckload of Saturdays spent at the park leaving a quiet house where Reas could work.  Yes, he's had to sacrifice time away and even had to miss out on events of various kinds.  I know he hasn't liked that. These kids know what studying is (or at least they know that it means their daddy is currently unavailable).  They know that studying is important and that it's definitely not optional.  They know that he's doing it for all of us, and that it's hard work, it takes time and discipline, and that their daddy is an expert at it.  They also know that in exactly one day, their expert studier of a dad will be taking his final CPA Exam and will be absolutely positively DONE with the schooling phase of his life.  No more. 

We've been counting down days - literally.   Right now he's taking one last practice test and then tomorrow... it's a wrap!



 The Exam Day Chain

I am so proud of him! He has been so dedicated to doing great in school, keeping a full-time job, serving in many busy church callings including bishopric, YM's, and Scout Master, and all the while continuing to be an amazing father and husband.  Really, I don't know how he has done it except with a lot of faith and a lot of prayer.  Six and a half years ago when we made the decision that he'd go back to school it felt like we were beginning this endless journey that someday might possibly come to an end. Last year he graduated with a master's degree and now here it is...his last test in order to become a full- fledged CPA!  It feels like Christmas - but even better. I'm so happy for him to have accomplished this huge goal, and incredibly grateful for the hard worker that he is.  I know he will ALWAYS take care of our family.  He has proven that every day for the last 12 1/2 years.

6 comments:

Congratulations Reas and family! How exciting to finally be done with school.

Now about that comment about me being the biggest flirt at BYU... I guess I deserve it. I busted out laughin and had to read it to Jeremy. Its amazing I found Jer amongst all that mess! Hah. But didn't I have support from the roomies about that kiss? Was it really just me? Hum, well without that experience we wouldn't be able to laugh about it now... Even if it did produce some tears and regret back then.

February 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM  

Wowie! That deserves a countdown and celebration for sure. Hope you have great plans to celebrate the end of this giant journey. Love hearing about your wild side too Carrie. :) Congratulations.

February 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM  

yay! congratulations! i'm so happy for you guys. what a great accomplishment.

here's to many saturdays spent together as a family!

February 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM  

Yaaaay! Tell Reas congratulations from our family! Now - moving on to even bigger and better things!

February 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM  

Our internet has been awful, so I'm just now catching up. How funny now to read how everything was going to calm down after the last test. Congratulations Reas, on passing your test! We are so proud of you - for LOTS of reasons!

March 13, 2013 at 6:31 AM  

January 11, 2021 at 11:45 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home