Pages

Claire's 2!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIREBEAR!

Claire turned 2 on May 1st, and we celebrated in style as any 2 year-old should with a dinner of $5 pizzas from Pizza Hut and pink lemonade. A meal fit for a princess. The lovely birthday crown, by the way, has flashing neon lights (would we have it any other way here in Vegas?).








Maggie and Ty looked on eagerly and with impressive patience as Claire opened her gifts shred for shred and bit by bit. If you look close enough, you can see that she's holding a microscopic piece of wrapping paper. It was a long process, to say the least.













As the unwrapping continued, we were very happy that there were only a few gifts. Just the right number for a 2 year-old perfectionist.












Chocolate pudding cake topped off the night. She couldn't quite figure out the whole candle thing. Reas helped her out a little from behind and she was quite pleased when she was able to blow them out "all by herself."





Some of her current favorites are macaroni and cheese, chicken, baby dolls, shoes, watering the flowers, and talking on the phone. Recently she's developed an armpit fettish and thinks they're just about the coolest thing. She insists on showing everyone. She walks aroung topless, arms raised, chanting "naked armpits, naked armpits!" If only we could all be so easily amused.

Now to share the cutest Claire story to date - A week or so ago, I was sitting on the couch holding her shortly after she woke up. We were having a great quiet bonding moment and apparently she was feeling the love too. She looked up at me and in the sweetest little voice, said "Let's kiss." Melt my heart!


Claire gives the best hugs and knows just how to make us feel better. Happy birthday, Claire. We love you!
















4 comments:

Clairebear... that's so cute. Happy birthday to the princess bday girl. I liked your wall of "lesson learned" so I started my own. I've only posted the first lesson so far. But, I've got pics of about 20 more. :)

May 8, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

Happy Birthday Claire! I can't believe that she is two. She is looking pretty grown-up in those pictures. Love the crown. I am sure it will help her remember her Vegas years.

May 8, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Happy Birthday Claire! She is so big. She was just a little thing when I moved last year.

I saw your blog listed on someone else's site. I hope you don't mind that I looked. If you'd like you can look at my blog too. It's amberella3 and add the rest.

:) Amber

May 8, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

Happy Birthday Clairebear! She shares a birthday with my mom. Do you give her flowers since it is May Day???

May 12, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home