Pages

HAPPY AMERICAN IDOL SHOWDOWN NIGHT!








No big news today. Life just keeps on going. Last week Reas finished up another semester! I don't know who's more excited about him having the Summer off, him or me. So we're taking this time to jump into a million projects that we've been wanting to finish - or start. It's been so fun having him get home from work by 4:30 or so and actually seeing his face rather than just the back of his head as he studies. Maggie will finish up in a few weeks and then we can all be LAZY! I am SO looking forward to doing whatever we want, whenever we want and letting life slow down a bit.

Well, I took the advice that so many of you kindly gave in response to Maggie's hair woes posting. We cut it all off! - or at least about 5 inches of it, which is quite a lot on a little person. We went to a real salon and talked to a lady that seemed to actually know what she was talking about. Maggie got pampered big time - I think a little too much so for what she felt comfortable with. You have to understand, Maggie's little personality is quite funny actually. She's a normal, fun loving kid with other KIDS, but when adults talk to her she gets SO SO shy and nervous and usually just won't say anything. So, when the hair dresser was working on the front of Maggie's hair, right there at eye level with her, I could tell that Maggie was about 1 second away from tears. Her face got red, her eyes were all watery, and she was leaning away as far as humanly possible to avoid any eye contact! If I didn't feel so bad for her, I would have been laughing my head off! Anyway, after the cutting, there was the blowdrying and straightening, then the WAX, yes hair wax. I didn't know it existed. Then the flat ironing. Next came the big pink bow barettes that she promptly removed as soon as we were out the door. After two hours of having to sit still, I think Super Cuts will work just fine next time. Now that the whole ordeal is over we love her hair. I can guarantee I will not be buying the $20 cup-full of hair wax, so her hair may never look that straight again, but it looks cute curly too. And with all the extra weight off, it's curled up even better. After seeing the enlarged version of this picture, I notice her eyes are a bit puffy and red - another result of a strange adult being too close for too long.


4 comments:

Oh, sooo cute. Love you Maggie.

May 21, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

beautiful!

May 23, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

Love your writting Care! It's so entertaining. What a cutie she is, I love that she was about in tears.

May 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

It's me not Jess, it's Steph.

May 30, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home