Every now and then telemarketers can be rather fun to talk to. There are some that just make me think, "Huh. Is this guy for real?" I got to talk to one of those kind today.
Telemarketer Man: Hi Mrs. Allen. I am calling because you are having computer problems - your computer is running slow.
Me: (confused) Um...actually our computer is fine. We're not having any problems. Did my husband call you?
Telemarketer Man: No, no one called, but your computer is not fine. I sense hesitation in your voice. You tell me it is fine, but I can feel that you are unsure that it is working properly.
Me: (laughing out loud because I can't hold it in any longer)If I sound unsure it's because I'm wondering how you got my phone number and how you seem to know that my computer is slow. I'm pretty sure I don't need your help, but thank you.
Telemarketer: Your computer has a virus that is causing it to be slow. You need help.
Me: (Who am I talking to, Dr. Phil?) My husband takes good care of our computer and he can handle it, but thanks.
Telemarketer: I hear the uncertainty in your voice, but ok. Have a nice day.
Of course, they ALWAYS end with have a nice day.
Love it.
This call made my day. Really it did.
Labels: i've been thinking
That is so funny. I would have said, "the hesitation you sense in my voice is because I'm trying to figure out of you are for real?".
Tera said...
June 3, 2009 at 11:44 AM
That is unreal! What a waste of your time to be dealing with that! I love that you just laughed at him!
Amber and Co. said...
June 4, 2009 at 2:45 PM
RIDICULOUS - seriously. He can sense a virus over the phone?
Laura Z said...
June 11, 2009 at 8:57 PM