Pages

We were so excited about this little guy. He's the first of hopefully many more garden goodies right out of our own backyard. When I say we were excited I mean excited...like the kids were jumping around and screaming...I was trying not to, but I did do a little heel click.  Then I had to run inside to call my mom and dad.  They're garden people and I knew they'd be proud.  They didn't even laugh at me for getting crazy over a cherry tomato.  Instead, they got crazy with me.  Now that's parental love.



Ty and I are the only ones in the family who can appreciate the sweet deliciousness of a fresh out of the garden tomato.  I picked it while he was at school, and I wanted it BAD.  I knew I'd better wait for him.  As soon as he walked into the kitchen he spotted it on the counter and yelled, "I want that!"  Hmmm.  Two of us - one tomato.  One cherry tomato. 

I cut it in half and we feasted together.  And we savored every bit of the 1.3 seconds it took to chew and swallow.

5 comments:

Love it!

May 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

It makes my mouth water just looking at it. Way to go!

May 22, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

awesome!! I have been wanting to grow some herbs and veggies. I will have to get some tips on what works best for gardening in the desert!

May 22, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

I am completely jealous!! I love fresh tomatoes. I might try one of those topsy turvy plants.

May 23, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

love fresh veggies. they seem to always taste better. great garden you have.

June 17, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home