Pregnancy has begun to settle its pretty little self upon me...upon my butt, my thighs, my stamina, my patience. Guess I was lucky to have made it this long. 9 weeks to go. NINE weeks. Somehow that sounds like way too long and not long enough at the same time. Too long when I think of it in terms of climbing my stairs and fake smiling at the weirdo men who like to make comments, but not long enough when I think about how at the end of that time I'll be doing the whole newborn thing again. I love it - I do, but at this point in my mothering I can't help but think about all the challenges that come along with a new baby too. For now, I'm taking one day at a time. Today is the last Tuesday of the school year, tomorrow is the last Wednesday. You get the idea. And then I'm going to sit under the ceiling fan and grow a baby while our children run wild through the neighborhood. That's really what summer's all about anyway, right? No routine, no supervision, no bedtime, popsicles for breakfast. It will be a summer to remember.
Then by the end, our family will have a new baby to show for it...along with 4 other kids who might need a healthy dose of reality. But for now, here's to lazy days, day old juice mustaches, and possibly enormous quantities of Little Caesar's $5 pizza.
Labels: Jack
Sitting under the ceiling van whilst snarfing Little Caesars sounds delightful. I am so burned out. Driving to school everyday is killing me. 2 hours a day in the car with hal is way too much.
Hang in there 61 days will blaze by.
Really what is it with weirdo men gawking at preggo ladies? I remember that, and couldn't quite figure it out. Eat otter pops and take it easy. :)
Jori said...
June 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM
i love all your posts.
1.) can you believe josh was there and came to your house? jealous. that was no fair.
2.) thanks for the hilarious (as always) birthday comment.
3.) sorry you're pregnant. i mean, i'm not sorry you're pregnant, but i'm sorry you're pregnant. you get it...
robin said...
June 7, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Oh I am not jeleous. Las Vegas summers and pregnant are not a good combination, but it sounds like you've got a good plan. It will be over before you know it, and then you will have that cute baby boy. (I might just be a big jeleous then.) Looking forward to seeing you around the middle of the 61 days. I will bring you ice-cream and we can catch up.
Ingrid said...
June 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM
I hate stairs now. They are evil to me. One day I may not hate them, but right now they are evil. 9 weeks!! thats a lot of prayers :)
Crys said...
June 7, 2011 at 10:37 PM
"No routine, no supervision, no bedtime, popsicles for breakfast."
Oh my gosh, how funny. Can I be your next door neighbor? Sounds like our kiddos could have a blast of a summer together.
Hugs and kisses coming from Draper.
Mandagirl said...
June 8, 2011 at 6:31 AM
You have the greatest friends - love their comments - love you - that baby boy is coming to a very funny momma!
Mom said...
June 8, 2011 at 8:04 AM
Carrie, my due date and yours have to be so close. i know EXACTLY how you feel. it's still a long time but a short time, but i'm with you... I don't want to do anything. My kids don't get out for another week though. u got any ideas for names? we seem to think alike in that area. well good luck!
3stockdalekids said...
June 8, 2011 at 4:16 PM
i'm due july 29th but i'm always late so maybe aug. we still haven't finalized on a name yet, hopefully soon. hope everything goes smoothly for you.
3stockdalekids said...
June 9, 2011 at 7:56 AM