Pages

I wish I had something really exciting to blog about.

Today I mopped the floor, did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned 1 1/2 bathrooms (sort of pooped out before finishing), vaccuumed the rugs, took the kids swimming at the YMCA, left the pool with a screaming Lily who wanted to go play in the childcare area - I considered leaving her there, made the kids lunch, counted the baby hiccups I felt vibrating my entire insides, and then crashed on my bed for 2 hours. Full day, yes. Exciting day, not really.

Most days are pretty much the same. I know that's how it is for most of us, but somehow blogging makes me want to find something worthwhile to talk about. Something really interesting.

SO for today, let's talk word verifications. I find them quite amusing. Someone must have the job of making them up, right? I mean, they couldn't possibly just be made up randomly by the computer because they can actually be pronounced with logical combinations of letters. I think that job would be awesome...just to sit at a desk and come up with new words, like wingsnort, biffinott, and snarple.

I'd totally go for that job. Sometimes when I get a really cool word I think about what the definition of it would be if it were really part of the English language. For example, take the "word" friparma. In my world, friparma would mean "the yellow smear left on one's windshield when a butterfly hits it." If you didn't know any better, you might call it butterfly guts. And to use it in a sentence... "Friparma is often difficult to remove after a long road trip." Now THAT would be a good word.


I think the heat is getting to me.

3 comments:

well i hope the heat keeps getting to you because it makes for some hilarious blog posts! (not that you're not hilarious when the heat's not getting to you. you know what i mean...)

you must love balderdash.

June 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

I remember some pretty side-splitting balderdash games. I wish I could remember the word - but I'll never forget your definition "Failed turnip crop." Love how your mind works!

June 24, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

haha! The word was "fug," mom. That was a great game of balderdash.

June 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home