most exciting:
Grandma came
(check out Ty's concentration - every game of anything is a matter of life or death. Always.)
most memorable:
how completely and over the moon thrilled the kids were that it was Jack's birthday.
most forgettable:
Jack's gifts (3 shirts because that's what he needed. Really, a 5th child is in need of nothing. Nothing.
Especially NOT TOYS).
saddest moment:
when Jack pulled on the elastic string of his birthday hat, and it snapped back and left a welt on his cheek :(
No cute birthday hat pictures this year.
most sinfully delicious:
the cake obviously. I truly believe I could wipe out half a pan of jello cake in one sitting. Jack was pretty impressed too.
most surprising:
the lump that formed in my throat as I gave Jack his birthday aftermath bath.
My baby is pushing toddlerhood.
Happy birthday Jack Jack! I've treasured every minute of our first year.
Ahh, your surprising moment made my eyes burn. I had to blink away the urge to tear up. I like babies to grow up but I guess I'm more touched by their sweetness than I know.
Mandagirl said...
August 21, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Cute Jack!!! I can't believe he is already 1!!! He is adorable!
Your hair looks great Carrie!
Jori said...
August 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Oh, I can't believe that cute little Jack is one already. Love that cute smile and those little teeth.
We are going to have to try jello cake here at our house. It looks pretty delicious.
Ingrid said...
August 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM