Pages

Whew! It's a good thing I didn't know exactly what I was gettting into when we were deciding if it was time to have another baby. I have nothing to compare the last 7 weeks of my life to. The kids and I recently returned from a 4 week stay at Grandma and Papa's in CA. And I wish I could say it was for vacationing purposes. No - it was really a matter of survival. For 4 weeks I went back and forth between my parent's house and my sister's while they took care of me and the kids day after day after day...after day. THANK YOU everyone! Thanks Dad for giving up the long couch for me to sleep on all day for a month. Thanks Mom for never complaining, even when the kids claimed to be starving 15 minutes after lunch was cleaned up. Thanks Shelly for making my 10:00 omelet everday and letting my kids run wild through your house. And just as importantly, thanks to all of you great friend's here in Vegas who called me and checked in on Reas and invited him over for dinner - you saved a lonely bachelor from going crazy. We are all SO happy to be back together again!

Thank you for all the nice comments you all left for me on my last post. Occassionally I would have my mom or Reas check, and all the well wishes made my day. I have the greatest friends!

And now it's back to real life for me - the simple pleasures of motherhood are all mine again, like broken washing machines, clogged toilets, knotted shoelaces, and missing blankies. How soon I forgot about these little joys.


Last Tuesday was my first doctor's appointment at 13 weeks and 1 day along. It was a monumental day being the first time I wore makeup, drove a car, or stepped foot in a public place in 7 weeks! Talk about getting back to reality! When Maggie got home from school she asked, "Are you wearing makeup? Your eyelashes look so long!" I think my family had forgotten what a functioning mommy looks like.


Oh, and to answer many questions about what exactly was wrong with my crazy body that doesn't know how to have a normal pregnancy. It can all be attributed to a combination of low blood pressure and hypoglycemia, which in normal life translates to dizziness, blacking out, severe fatigue, monstrous headaches, and the need to eat so frequently that I began to hate food. Fun.

I'm looking forward to an uneventful and healthy rest of my pregnancy. Right now I want to focus my attention on the more serious stuff, like holiday decorating, yummy baked treats, and falling temperatures. This is my absolute favorite time of year and being healthy again is a great added bonus. Happy Fall!

9 comments:

Carrie: we are so thrilled to have you back! And we continue to offer whatever services you can tolerate from all of us who love you so much!
BTW - EVERY prayer Cat has said since we told her you weren't well has included "and please bless Sister Allen will get better soon!"
:-)

October 13, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

We are so glad that you are back. Let us know if you need anything!! Hope you are better!!

October 13, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

So glad you are back. It has been lonely here without you. I am looking forward to some fun times together this fall.

October 14, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

So glad you are home! It was fun to talk to you, and now we need to chat more since you are feeling better. I'll give you a call in a few days to see how things are going. We miss you and the kids. Talk to ya soon:)

October 15, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

so glad you're okay!
yikes, sounds like you go thru the ringer with your pregnancies. i'm glad you're back with us. . . .

October 17, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

Glad to have you back. We missed you at church. Let me know if there is anything I can do as well. Glad you're feeling better! It's amazing what we will go through for these little ones.

October 19, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear your feeling better. We all missed you! Is it all under control now? Are you having to take medicine or was it just a 1st trimester thing?

October 21, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

poor carrie!!! i know your pregnancies have never been easy for you, but it sounds like your body was trying for a new low this time! i do hope you're feeling better enough to survive the rest of your pregnancy. i wish i lived closer so i could be of some help. i guess from this distance, prayers will have to do! try to keep us updated when you can :)

October 24, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 28, 2008 at 4:52 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home