We have to make a two-night production of this for the sake of time and working around Reas' schedule. Last night we scooped and drew faces. Tonight we'll carve. We've decided to let Maggie and Ty carve their own jack-o-lanterns this year. I'm a little scared.
We started our adventure at the Pumpkin Patch (aka Food 4 Less). No pics - didn't think they'd turn out all that special with shelves of paper towels, toilet paper, and nasty store bakery cupcakes as a background. The highlight was definitely when Claire spotted the "baby pumpkins". It was love at first sight. She caressed, nuzzled, talked to her "coot" pumpkin all the way home. The first thing she said when she picked it up - "It's so coot. Can I give it a kiss?"
The love hasn't stopped.

Reas masterfully carved the tops off (thought we'd better at least do that part). Yes, that's a pumpkin sticker on his head and I'm pretty sure he put it there himself. Ty was no help at all since he couldn't seem to get over the awesome geometrics of the starburst shaped lids.
Maggie was a super scooper as long as she could keep her hands slime-free. Amazingly enough, she managed.
We'll see how tonight goes. I'll call it a success if all fingers are still in place.
belyvpumpkin carving is so fun. What darling costumes your kids have.
Unknown said...
October 30, 2008 at 1:44 PM
I like Reas's costume best. Sticker Head. So, come join enter in my giveaway to help baby Mia. I don't think you knew John McDonald, he dated Nina, and is one of Coach's bestfriends. Anyhow, it's his baby girl, so sad.
Stephanie M Larsen said...
November 4, 2008 at 10:23 AM