Some of you may be familiar with a little concept in the bloggy world where bloggers create their own little something to blog about on certain days of the week. You know, like "Merry Thoughts Monday" and "Thankful Thursday" etc. etc. I hereby deem today Formal Complaint Friday (just today, not EVERY Friday - that would be a bit pessimistic). Maybe it's not quite as cheery as some of the other days out there, but it could be argued that it's quite neccesary to keep us all sane while surrounded by things that drive us crazy! I was just reading my friend,
Tera's blog, where she was taking on some issues with her Wii Fit. It's quite funny actually, and I have my own complaints to file with that. But today, I choose to discuss another matter. TRANSFORMERS. Yes, the little toys you buy for your son to make him smile. First thing, I know it's my fault. I informed grandmas and multiple friends that Ty would like transformers for his birthday. So now after it's all said and done Ty is in heaven with 7 brand spankin' new transformer toys and amazingly enough there are NO duplicates. He is so happy and I understand that is what's most important here. Here's my beef though. On the inside of the package folded neatly inside the instructions is a little note to parents. I quote, "Some parts are made to detach if excessive force is applied and are designed to be reattached if separation occurs . Adult supervision may be necessary for younger children." Two parts I'd like to emphasize: "excessive force" and "supervision MAY be necessary." No, no, no, no, no. First mistake? This friendly little note needs to be a bold warning on the OUTSIDE of the package clearly visible before purchasing. Second, this note SHOULD read, "Attention Parents: unless you or your child is a mechanical engineer you will spend countless hours reading and rereading the instructions to transform these impossible toys from robot to beast and back again. Then after finally decoding our drawings and arrows you will need to be available to reattach parts that come off when your child attempts to play with his toy. You will most likely spend your whole day surrounded by plastic robot parts, but your child will be happy."

Yes, that would be more accurate. Then we would all be informed as to what we are getting ourselves into. Fair enough I think. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bullet blaster to reattach to Decepticon.
Wow... we lost the only two transformers that we had sometime last year so I guess I had forgotten how much fun they could be. So sorry to add to your troubles. On the bright side, Ty sure has a cute smile.
Ingrid said...
March 6, 2009 at 5:15 PM
(I don't think the link to my blog worked!)
Okay, I so have issues with transformers too. I think your warning would be spot on. We got Jake 2 for his 5th birthday. Big mistake. First of all, I sat at the table reading the instructions - which made absolutely no sense to me at all - before I could finally figure it out. Now I know why guys don't read directions, they can do better on their own. Now, several times a day I am asked to stop what I'm doing so I can transform it for him. What a pain. Let's have a transformer party and throw them all in the trash - just can't tell the boys!
Tera said...
March 6, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Ahh, yes, you are so, so right! It did work. You are mighty nifty because I don't know how to do one of those linky things! Good job!
Tera said...
March 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM
I remember my boys having transformers (20+ years ago). Nothings changed.....good luck.
Love your cute blog.
Janis said...
March 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Too funny. Love your warning - you should send it to the toy company :-)
Laura Z said...
March 9, 2009 at 8:58 AM
I so agree Keagan loves the transformers and I hate needing instructions to put them back together I am not that smart :>
Blissful & Domestic said...
March 10, 2009 at 10:09 PM