I'm in project overload right now. So let's momentarily take a break from Maggie's room. I am still making progress, I just got a little distracted.
I love it when other people's vinyl lettering signs become old, messed up and unloved. I guess I'm kind of mean that way. But when they send their old signs to the thrift store for me to happen upon, it just makes me so happy.
I found this one about 6 months ago and have been lovingly holding onto it until I could help it find it's purpose in life. It was $1. Look at those beautiful routed edges. And since I don't own a router and probably wouldn't know how to use it if I did, I love taking advantage of someone else's routed board.

A few weeks ago I found these corbels, and could absolutely not pass them up for 75 cents each.

I decided to put these two thrifty finds together and ended up with a beauty... for $2.50. Can't beat that! It definitely pays to be patient - and collecting junk for a hobby doesn't hurt either.

I think this stuff was made for eachother. Don't you think? And it was definitely made to display my favorite green duck who now happily smiles at me everytime I check the time.
You are a genius! That is such a fun shelf!!
Jori said...
March 23, 2010 at 9:27 AM
atta girl!!! super cute and oh so thrifty.
Lindsey said...
March 23, 2010 at 9:37 AM
wow! you are one talented lady! you really need your own tv show on HDTV! I would tivo and watch it!
Ammo and Josh said...
March 31, 2010 at 7:47 AM