Ty had a couple of buddies over for lunch Monday afternoon. They were having a nice little chat over PB and J's and applesauce, when all of the sudden I heard Parker say, "Blayde has a girlfriend!" Oh no. Pleeeeeease no! Not yet! They're only babies. All this was running through my head as I'm trying to hold back panic and tears. Pretty much since the second my children take their first breath, I start dreading the day that they will come to realize there are boys and there are girls. And that there is something called love, other than the way that brothers love sisters and we all love babies. So, I took a breath and decided I needed to get in on this conversation. "Sooooo Blayde.....what's your girlfriend's name?" I tried to sound more friendly than mom-ish. He looked at me with the best grin ever and proudly announced, "My girlfriend is MY MOM because I love her!!!!!"
Halleluja!!!!! I could have ran and given him the biggest kiss on the cheek and told him what a good boy he is and that I am so glad he is Ty's friend. But I didn't.
Ty, Parker, and Blayde in all their messy-faced glory
Labels: Ty
Oh my goodness, this is my dread as well. I was holding my breath while reading this even! super cute though.
Crys said...
March 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM
I'll bet Blayde's mom gave him all the kisses you couldn't - girlfriends can do that, you know!
Anonymous said...
March 10, 2010 at 11:10 AM
I made that comment anonymously by accident - still getting the hang of this.
mom said...
March 10, 2010 at 11:12 AM