Pages

I'm up to my eyeballs in a full room makeover for Maggie. She's leaving the little girly pink room that she and Claire have been sharing and moving into her own room. I'm kind of feeling all nostalgic-like about it, like it's "Wendy's last night in the nursery" or something. Lots of little things are all adding up to remind me that she's growing up and I'm not sure I like it so much.


BUT, what I do like is how her new room is shaping out. I had two main goals for this space:
1. Give it a big girl feel, but not too big girl. She's still my little girl.
2. Keep cost minimal. Just to clarify what I mean by "minimal" I mean EVERYTHING in this room with the exception of the bedding is either a refurbished yard sale or thrift store find, a hand-me-down, or I made it myself. Yes, I'm cheap...in a good way.
So far, so good.
It's not finished yet, but parts of the room are coming together and I'm anxious to share.
When it's all finished I'll break down cost because let me tell you, this room is turning out to be muy cheapo and super cute-0. And it is so SO fun to see the transformation. I don't want to show too much before I can present the whole package, but here's a peek at one completed project.

THE HEADBOARD

My sister gave me this half painted headboard a while back, so since it was already conveniently sitting in our garage, I thought I'd see if I could make it work.


Lovely, eh?





I think it spruced up quite nicely.



And I love, love, LOVE the paper. I think I could put it everywhere. I'll try to resist.


One project down, about 28 to go!

7 comments:

so cute! I can't wait to see the rest of the room!

March 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

You have been busy and it looks like a lot more fun than laundry. I can't wait to come and see what else you are working on over there. Maggie is going to love that room. Will Claire really let her leave?

March 18, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Ahhhhhh, I finally got my Carrie fix. I've missed you! Sorry I've been such a dud of a blog buddy...but YOU, you've been BUSY my friend! I luvaluva the makeovers you're doin, especially the bathroom! And that diamond thingy-what a find! You've got the eye of a genius. A CHEAP genius!

March 19, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

I think laundry should just learn to deal with the fact that sometimes it must come second to a totally adorable make over.

March 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

You are so handy! My mom is leaving this weekend, you may need to take her place and help me out with my projects.;) It looks great!

March 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

It turned out great. Lots of fun and energy you have redoing things. I have a few things that I could use help with. Let me know when you are available???

March 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

I bet Maggie will love having her own room.

March 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home