Pages



Let us reflect on this picture for just a moment.  Claire captured this lovely moment in time, I think because she's been trying to figure out why I've been wearing a flannel blanket as a permanent accessory for 3 days.  I'm cold.  So cold.    Currently, the thermostat reads 71 degrees in the house.  It's not cold.  Why am I shivering with 30% control of my half numb fingers?   There's only one explanation, well two maybe - old people get cold easily.  I had my 32nd birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think I've been warm since.  Seems like sound proof to me.  And maybe I've lived in scorchin' Vegas too long.

Here's the other thing. I've actually considered what it might be like to be the proud owner of a Snuggie.  Old.  Maybe in a nice navy blue, or a chocolate brown.  Those colors would work much better with my complexion than the cherry red.  The red is really not becoming.  The problem with the blanket draped over my shoulders is I have very limited movement without risking it slipping off my back.  A Snuggie could be so much more maneuverable and mom friendly.  I mean I'm not saying that they're fashionable or anything.  I wouldn't consider wearing one to the grocery store or probably not even to answer the front door.  But for all those hours spent at home with just the kids...I might actually consider it.  And don't worry, I'd ditch it before Reas walked in the door each evening.  I'm pretty sure a Snuggie wouldn't be healthy for our love life.

I guess you could say that if someone handed me a Snuggie and said, "This is for you," I'd secretly be happy.  And then I'd become the next closet Snuggie wearer.

Come on, admit it.  You've at least thought about it.

4 comments:

Do you own a creamish, long sweater? I have one. It reminds me of a sweater my mom used to wear that I thought was soooo old. I laugh when I wear it around the house cuz it reminds me of my mom...and cuz here in Colorado, it actually is cold!

Did you know you can make your own snuggly at home? Just put your robe on backwards...simple as that!

Happy snuggly!

December 6, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

No, no, no. I have never considered it. But Emma has. She is easily sold on anything she sees on the tv.

To stay warm at my house I just keep a little space heater going on my toes while I sit at the computer, which is way more hours than I'd like to admit.

December 7, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

Okay, I might be old, but, what's a snuggie?

December 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

You don't think Reas would just go gaga over a snuggie? I'm sure you'll fuind one at DI one of these days!

December 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home