I realize that changing seasons is a natural behavior for lovely mother nature. I realize that most of the U.S. was enjoying this 2 months ago. I realize that I am such a kid at heart when it comes to big crunchy leaves covering our lawn.
Now YOU have to realize that this is Vegas. Fall rarely leaves such an incredible mark here in the land of heat stroke and relentless UV rays. There are so many stinkin' palm trees and cacti that we miss out on the huge amounts of colorful leaves. Truly a sad, sad thing.
BUT...
Lucky for us, something magical has happened. And our front yard just so happens to have the 2 BEST leaf changing trees on the block.
The kids had a day off today for parent/teacher conferences and they spent most of it doing this...
How can you possibly not smile at this fun??
Oh, your leaves look so fun, and I don't remember your trees being so big. What a great way to spend a day off. We are still living in summer here. It is 75 degrees and we still haven't put our shorts away.
Ingrid said...
December 16, 2010 at 6:13 PM
Brought a smile to my face! Love to see kids actually playing like we did as kids! Looks like they had a great time!
Megan R. said...
December 16, 2010 at 7:50 PM
That looks like SO much fun! I have loved the leaves this year too! Floyd Lamb had a lovely supply.
Jori said...
December 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM