Pages

In true cheap frugal decorator fashion I have a fast and easy Christmas craft to share.  I tested this one out at the church ladies' white elephant gift exchange over the weekend.  I figured if no one else liked it, who cares!  It's a white elephant.  It's ok if it's ugly (but yes, deep down I would have shed a few tears if it got laughed at).  Thankfully no one laughed, and it was even pretty highly sought after.  SO.  Here's what I did:

   A little cutting, a little painting, a little gluing, and wabaamm.


The whole thing took 20 minutes... maybe.
Total cost:  A BIG FAT $0.00

A 100% scrap made project. cha-ching.  The cute little trunk is from my very own backyard bush, the paper is from my scrapbox, and even the frame was dug out of the scariest back corner of my closet.

 I love that it's so simple.  I love glittery gorgeous sparkly things just as much as the next girl, but sometimes simple is classy in its own way.

Today I'm linking up at:



Keeping It Simple

Making


3 comments:

Oh, I have been missing that party this year. That gift is way too good for that party. :) I so would have jumped at that cute tree. Fast, easy and cheap are great, and even better when it turns out so nicely.

December 7, 2010 at 4:30 AM  

The last white elephant party I went to I got a box of baby rice cereal - with weevils! (I think the baby must have been at BYU) Your gift was soooo cute! Lucky girl who went home with it!

December 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Nothing will ever be better than Ingrid's mother in laws picture.:) I LOVE this! You are so clever1

December 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home