Today my plan is to be lazy, unproductive, and extremely boring. The kids don't have school today, 3 of them have nasty coughs anyway, so we're not doing anything. And it feels SO GOOD. Last night was our big Relief Society home decorating activity that I was not only teaching, but also in charge of setting up, doing refreshments, table settings, and teaching a craft. Uh, remind me not to take on quite so much next time. It went great, was super fun, and I think everyone enjoyed it. I'm just glad it's over :)
Here's what the centerpieces looked like. Cheap and easy, with lots of Fall charm.
Battery operated candles of course, so as to not break any rules :)
For the craft, I showed the ladies how to make these wire pumpkins. For easy instructions, check out
this site.
The little colored pumpkins would make cute name card holders for Thanksgiving dinner. Just twist the curly stem sideways so a name card can slip between the loops.
Now that this activity is over I can get back to my house to-do list ( after my Day of Nothingness is over, that is). Only 10 days left until my deadline!
Your centerpieces look great - and you told me that you didn't have any twigs in Vegas. What is in the jars? I love the wire pumpkins! To store them can you rotate them to fold flat? Then pop them out next year? Wish we could have been there - looks so fun!
Mom said...
November 10, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Once again you are singing my song! My RS decided to throw together a Super Saturday with almost no notice. I have had 5 days to prepare for the class I am teaching on Gifts in a jar (5 options). I have had to do all the shopping for the ingredients and supplies, putting together examples, printing out examples, getting their items ready to be assembled. I have to help set up the event tonight, teach the class tomorrow, clean up and I have to somehow get up early enough tomorrow morning so that I can make desserts before I have to be at the church by 9am. Holy moly have I been tired and stressed this week.
Somehow I'm thinking the two of us need to learn the art of saying "no"! Glad yours is over. On Saturday afternoon I will be breathing the same sigh of relief!!!
I wish I was at your class to make those darling wire pumpkins!
Tera said...
November 11, 2011 at 2:26 PM