baby has a blowout minutes before the garbage man comes rumbling by to whisk the stink away.
teacher randomly and generously gives a no homework day.
husband calls from work, mentioning he won't be hungry for dinner when I didn't have anything planned anyway.
Max and Ruby happens to be on at the exact moment that I desperately need a nap.
a friend drops by with a bag of hand-me-downs when just last night I was considering buying new pants for the kids.
the washing machine suddenly and permanently stops making that horrible "I'm on my last leg" sound.
the chewed up wad of gum is found on the bathroom floor rather than in the carpet.
it was a washable Crayola and not a Sharpie.
being out of town the very Sunday that Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease was passed around in nursery.
My list most definitely could go on forever. There is ALWAYS something to be grateful for...it's really just whether or not I choose to acknowledge it as a blessing.
What a happy blogpost - love your attitude - I want to be like you when I grow up.
Mom said...
February 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
way to see the silver lining! I want to hear more about that hand foot mouth disease...what is that?
shelly said...
February 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM
I just stumbled across this post now... I absolutely LOVE this! Now I am going to see if I can't recognize some of these mercies in my life... :)
Nina said...
July 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM