It's so close. SO close that I just have to post my gallery wall now. I would wait until it's all the way done, but I'm not sure when that's going to happen and I'm excited about it NOW. I'm just waiting to find one little 5x7 oval frame for this spot.
In the meantime, the paper works just fine.
Oh yeah, and then there's this bit of unfinished business:
I haven't decided what exactly to do with this wooden sign yet. It used to be pink flowers hanging in the little girls' room, but it was exactly the size and shape I needed. Soooooo. I don't think they miss it much. It could become anything really, and I just haven't been able to come up with the perfect something. Ideas? I think the fact that it hangs vertically is limiting my options.
Anyway, after three days of rearranging frames on my bed, 4 days of rearranging paper taped to the wall, and a couple days of painting and sending pictures to Costco, it's DONE!...mostly.
I love it! So much so that I almost run up and down my stairs for fun now.
Almost. And when I'm not running I just stand at the bottom of the stairs and look up.

I have to say my favorite part of the whole wall is our wedding picture. This is the first time in almost 12 years that we have a big wedding picture hanging on our wall. Pretty bad, eh? This picture was taken as we were making our grand exit out of the temple doors. I love it because we seem to be screaming "Bring it on world! We're doing this together!" Or at least I think that's what
I was thinking. Reas seems to be thinking something more like "You're dragging me out here, expecting me to smile when 100 people are staring at me and waiting for us to kiss so they can take a picture?" That's why I love this one too - he looks so embarrassed. I don't see that cute look nearly enough. Maybe I should kiss him in public more. hehe.
And I love the 2000 sign too. 2000 was the best year to be married because when we're old and senile, if we can at least remember what the current year is, we'll always know how long we've been married. No tricky math needed. We really planned ahead on that one.
As I finish the last two little spots I'll give the final presentation, with a few more details on how it all came to be.
carrie i love it soooo much!!! you did such a great job with the arrangement! some picture walls are TOO busy for me, but this is so beautiful. cant wait to see when the whole thing is finished! maybe you could come up with a simple family moto or mission statement for the board. good luck!
shelly said...
February 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM
That turned out great!!
jorijepps said...
February 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM
I can't wait to see it! I was wishing I could zoom in and see your pictures. Love it, love it!
Mom said...
February 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I want to see all your pictures too! It turned out so nice, and as always, I am so impressed with what you do with items that you already had.
Ingrid said...
February 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM