Pages

We finally did it! Claire's beloved "wah wah" (meaning pacifier - yeah I don't know where that one came from) which has been her best friend since day one is GONE for good. She's been a closet pacifier sucker for at least 6 months, meaning only at naptime and bedtime. That went reasonably well, but I've been dreading thinking about how to cut her off completely. Afterall, it just made her SO happy. It was worth giving it to her just to see her huge smile and watch her lurch for her bed because there, was her peaceful refuge from all the stress and pressure that comes with being almost 2. We all need a little happy place, don't we? So, we've been putting off the cold turkey thing for too long, until opportunity came knocking at our door and I jumped at the chance...

Tuesday morning she woke up with the flu, the nasty throw up kind. During one of her episodes, she happened to have the pacifier in her mouth and well...I'll leave it at that. We don't need too many details here. Anyway, right then and there I decided to tell her that her pacifier is yucky now and she won't want it because it will taste really gross. Fortunately, this was good enough to convince her that it would have to all be over. It helps that we only had one pacifier in the house and I don't think she knows how readily available hundreds more would be. SO, we're now on day 3 of a no pacifier life and things are sailing smoothly. So good in fact, when I went to put her down for her nap earlier today she looked at me and said, "Wah wah's yucky now," and rolled over and went to sleep. Ahhh..what a girl!

1 comments:

good job with the pacifier. i'm dreading doing that with macy. she loves her bah-bah. parker's separation went really well, but so far, macy is the exact opposite of parker in every way, so i'm expecting a tough time.

good job with the slideshow! but you're one up on me. i can't figure out how to post text along with a slideshow. every time i try the slideshow doesn't show up. what am i doing wrong?

-robin

April 18, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home