Pages

Project complete! Maggie, Ty, and Claire all pitched in to make our bird feeder one that the birds will be talking about. They love it (the birds AND the kids).

We started out with 5 inexpensive flower pots we stumbled across at the dollar spot in Target. Then stacked them upside down, rightside up, upside down, rightside up style.

Screwing and gluing where needed.


We topped it with a plastic serving platter, which just so happened to be shaped like a flower and had little divided sections. Glued it down nice and snug, and voila! Of course, we had to paint for a little added beauty. We like to treat our pets right around here.

The morning after completion, we woke up to happy little birds bathing and feasting.




Although the birdfeeder has been quite a success, in all honesty, I must admit I haven't yet fooled the kids into believing that these birds actually belong to us. Maybe we need to start naming them...

3 comments:

wow carrie. i'm impressed. very creative! my girls also love seeing the birds (my mom has a cool birdseed thingy). it's a lot of entertainment for them!

April 14, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

So very clever! Did you come up with that idea or did you see it somewhere.

April 14, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Like I said, I have great friends at HGTV. I saw it on Design on a Dime or something.

April 14, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home