Pages

I really have a problem. I have serious procrastination issues and I'm just gonna come clean with the world. Here it is Friday - two days before Sunday. This weekend is about as crammed full of stuff to do as one weekend can possibly handle. Like there is NO time to spare. And to top it off, I'm teaching Relief Society on Sunday (which I haven't done since I was oh...19 years old). I have a 38% completed lesson.

All this being said, you would think I would be somewhere else right now. And my burning desire is to...change my blog layout?! And then blog about not doing what I should be doing. This is the ultimate example of not being a wise steward of my time. In my defense though, I have been working on my lesson for quite some time and my brain needs a little break. I need some time to throw all the ideas around in my head, chew some up, spit some out, rearrange, and figure out how it will all come together. Anyway, I tend to do most of my best thinking in my sleep...really. Some of my most BRILLIANT ideas come in the wee hours of the night. Ideas like how to rearrange the furniture in my family room in order to achieve an open yet cozy feel, how to sneak veggies down my kids without them knowing it (wait - I haven't figured out that one yet), and how to handle the pounds of Halloween candy that seem to be disturbing our peaceful home life. I'm thinking my lesson will definitely come together tonight. I'm feeling it. And besides, I'm running out of time.

How's that for rationalization?

So, back to my blog layout. I want to change the header to have something snazzy. I have no idea how to do that, so I'll have to do some research OR one of you can just steer me in the right direction. My dear friend and old BYU roommate (hi Manda!) created my last custom header for me, so really I'm very clueless. I loved it, I bonded with my blog, we got along great, and now it's time for a change. I'm also considering changing the whole title. "Carrie and Company" is appearing a bit self-absorbed to me. Afterall, there is more to this family than me. Maybe I'll let you vote on some ideas. Hmmm. That could be fun.

Alright, now that I've successfuly put off preparing my lesson, I've got to get down to the nitty gritty (said with a Spanish accent). Name that movie.

Hasta, amigas.

5 comments:

I'm a good procrastinator too, I've become very practiced at it to tell you the truth. However, I do think that blogging about it might be just what you need cuz it will help you de-stress! Sometimes if I can vent, or write everything down then it helps me reorganize everything in my head. I'm good at night time thinking too, and I like when I dream about solutions too. I think the quiet is the key!

November 6, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

oh carrie, you're hilarious...

i don't know what i'd do if i had been teaching relief society since i was 19. maybe go inactive, or give really bad lessons so they'd fire me. really, you're a brave woman. i couldn't do it.

but sometimes other things just have to be done. like tonight, i was going to clean the kitchen while josh did baths, and instead i ended up cleaning out my closet. i'm not as much of a procrastinator as i am distracted.

which maybe is the same thing? i don't know...

November 6, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

I love your festive look! I don't know how I feel about a name change; Carrie and Co is one of my fave blogs. I'll have to get re-acqainted with the new girl. I'm sure I'll love her too, though.

November 9, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

I go to picnik.com upload a pic and slap our name on it. I don't know how to do a snazzy banner. Good luck with your busy week. Often times when I'm busy I lay on my back and watch the ceiling fan spin. Try it sometime, it's awesome!;)

November 10, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

1) Your lesson was FABULOUS on Sunday. (And I now have another person I can ask to fill-in if I can't be there for Sunday School :)
2) Great ideas come to me as I'm drifting off to sleep, just waking up, or taking a shower. (I can actually explain the first two based on cognitive psychology; the last one makes me think I'm just a weirdo!)

November 10, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home