Today I am feeling so much like myself again that I think I'm about to burst into tears of joy...or more likely bust through the seams of my pants, but either way I am sure I'm heading into the best part of pregnancy very soon. The last couple of weeks have been a bit rough, no a lot rough, actually close to hell, but I don't swear so I feel kinda weird saying that. Yep, that's the closest you'll hear me get to swearing. Except for when I feel like shocking Reas. Kidding...kind of. Anyway, we had this flu demon run through the house, knocking down every human in sight - except Lily. I don't know HOW she avoided it, but I am incredibly grateful that she did. Have you ever tried to catch baby vomit? Fortunately, Lily has never thrown up, but I am very familiar with the process from my other babies. It was always the same. I could tell they were about to lose it, so I'd put the largest bowl in the house in front of them in hopes to contain the worst of it. All the while, baby's head is thrashing about like "get that thing away from me! It makes me throw up!" It's really quite a lost cause, so I was so happy Lily stayed healthy. We're all better now. The weather has been amazingly gorgeous, and I feel like shouting from the roof tops. I have to share this quote I recently read here. It's quickly become one of my favorites.
This is exactly how I'm feeling. Grateful for normalcy. Here's how normal today is.
I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! Sick family and being pregnant....very rough! I loved your quote!! Thanks for sharing that.
jrpetho said...
January 27, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Nothing is worse than the throw ups!! I am SO glad you are feeling better!!! Start cranking out some cool stuff for us to copy. :)
Jori said...
January 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM
I'm sorry you've been so sick; I was that way with each pregnancy for the first 5 months. :( I'm glad you're feeling better! Yea for normal, huh?
When my babies are sick, I would run them to the bathtub and let them throw up there. Much better to clean up! :D
Anonymous said...
January 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM
So glad to hear that you are feeling better again. There is nothing worse than watching kids throw up when you feel like throwing up yourself. Normal days are the best!
Ingrid said...
January 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Congrats! I talked to Les a couple of days ago and she told me the news. How exciting to have 5 kiddos. We would love another baby too. But, not for a little while. :) I know what you mean about feelings more like yourself and so happy you could cry, that's how I feel today. The sun is shinning there is powder snow everywhere, and I don't feel like such a train wreck. This pregnancy was definitely not my best, I felt hijacked for nine months.
Stephanie M Larsen said...
February 8, 2011 at 11:11 AM