Pages

Yesterday was the year end awards assembly at Maggie's school and my sudden outpour of emotions definitely caught me by surprise. I was just sitting there along with all the other parents ready to sit through a typical 1st grade assembly when out through the loud speaker comes Mariah singing "Hero." (SO Church dance!) Next came all the sweet little pictures of school kids and their teachers up on the big screen. And the flood gates were opened! And I was totally embarrased that I was brought to tears while all the other parents just sort of blankly stared at the pictures flashing by. So I just pulled the old trick of pretending to search for something in my purse while frantically wiping away tears behind my cover of hair. I'm guessing I was so emotional because Maggie will be changing schools next year since we've moved. We've loved everything about her school - the staff, students, the curriculum, even the office staff is nice! It's been great. We're hopeful that her new school will be just as wonderful.

Ty and Claire had great fun cheering her on from the audience. They're definitely her best fans.



It's always impossible to get a good shot of Maggie when she's at school because everyone towers about a foot over the top of her head.



Here's Maggie and the cute Ms. Fisher. Are 1st grade teachers allowed to show that much cleavage?


I left Ty and Claire on the bench for a second while I ran up to get a closer picture and when I came back they were sitting there all posed and ready and saying, "take our picture too!" They're quite the duo.




So long to 1st grade and Guy Elementary and hello SUMMER!!!!

4 comments:

first of all, no, they're not allowed to show that much cleavage! funny...

second, i've done that same "looking in my bag" trick. oh, i almost cried just thinking about you crying. i've become such a baby since i've become a mom. i cry just thinking about parker moving on through her school years . . .

June 4, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

i think that last picture of ty and claire is ADORABLE!! i love it! i want to put it on my fridge it's so stinkin cute :)

June 4, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

The pictures are great. I cried today too! I was sneaky, but I definitly shed some tears too. We are so glad that we get to go to school with Maggie next year. I bet all the boys in the school really like Maggie's teacher. Oh, and if Matthew ever wants to play Gorilla, he is coming to the Allens.:)

June 4, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

We all do the looking in the bag cover. I would have cried too, but I'm such a boob, I cry at everything. I can't wait till Ky get to go to Kindergarten. We've still got one more year of preschool before that day comes. :)

June 5, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home