it would have been last night! We packed up the kids and headed out to a church basketball game that Reas was playing in. There were tons of kids there and I happened to be the lucky wife that decided to actually come rather than just send my kids with Dad. So guess who was babysitter for the night? So that isn't part of my story, but "you're welcome" to all you Hidden Canyon Ward moms who got the night off. So here's the real story. Claire has a little friend Emery who she thinks is just "so coot and so little" ( you have to say it in a high pitched, scrunchy nosed voice to get the whole effect). Claire and Emery were feeling rather affectionate last night and kept hugging eachother. How cute, I thought. When the hugs were no longer enough, they started kissing... a lot. maybe a little gross, but still cute I guess. I looked away from them for a second and then turned back to them just in time to see Emery looking like she was about to throw up and Claire, who was looking equally traumatized was saying "eeeew tongue!" She was making that throaty noise like she had swallowed a hair or something. Their faces were so classic. I'm sorry you'll just have to imagine it. But I'm thinking they probably won't be kissing anymore and hopefully their friendship will recover properly.
Thanks for watching my kids....I hope they were good.:)
Kari said...
June 21, 2008 at 12:04 PM
that is funny! The best moments are always when we don't have our camera on us!! I hate that.
Unknown said...
June 25, 2008 at 2:59 PM