Pages


This morning, while coming down a cramped full elevator at the doctor's office, we were standing next to this little old man. He cheerily asked, "Do all these kids belong to the same lady?" He looked nice enough so I thought he was just making friendly conversation. So I said, "Yep. They're all mine." Then with a sudden change in tone he grumpily said, "Ooooooeeeee! SOMEONE'S found a good hobby." I was floored. Totally taken by surprise. How am I supposed to respond to that?! Maybe something like, yeah it's fun you should try it. Holy Moly. Why do some people think that they're opinion about everyone else's personal life is so important that they can shout it out to anyone. I hope I run into him again in about 8 years when I have a few more kids in tow.

5 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

i know how to respond to that. "you only wish it were an option for you gramps!!" gross perv.

June 5, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

I always get the comments like, "You've got your hands full there don't you!", "Do they all have the same daddy?", "Did you figure out what causes that?", and one of my least favorites "Are there going to be more?"
My mom had 8 and I used to think I wanted a bakers dozen (13). If we are taking care of our own and not using public funds I don't see how it takes any food out of their mouths and they should just shut them and keep their thoughts to themselves.
Ok, theres my rant. It's a sore subject with me, I don't think 8 is too many let alone 4!

June 5, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

that's great. i love that story. i, too, love the comment, "you should figure out what it is that causes that and stop it."

classic.

June 6, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

That gave me a great laugh tonight!! Some people.

June 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home