I think I must be making up for lost time while being sick because I can't sit still. If I'm not right in the middle of a project, then I feel lost. I'm sure it won't last long, with my growing belly and all. But for now, it's loads of fun.
Last week we had the bathrooms and laundry room tiled!!! After moving in in January, we knew the floors needed to be replaced right away, but there wasn't much left in the budget so we tried those peel and stick vinyl squares. Would NOT recommend them if you can avoid it, even if the fixer uppers on HGTV swear by them. They look nice at first, but don't be deceived - it won't last. So, we SAY we got tile for my birthday, but really it's because the in-laws are coming for Thanksgiving - shhh, don't tell. Being the crazy go-getter that I am, I always love a good excuse to get projects done. So when Reas had to pull the washer and dryer out, I thought it would be good timing to finally paint the very boring white walls.
I hacked the shelf apart and bought some new shelf supports. Cheap-O Wal-Mart ones, but they work.
This is my little red hangy thingy that I am quite fond of. It's actually the front piece of a drawer from my childhood dresser. I had that thing so long that I just couldn't part with it - or ALL of it at least. It pretty much fell apart in my hands, as you can see. But here it is, being all useful like. I glued on an extra knob in the middle.
I found this super cute yellow pot set at DI - not sure what to do with them quite yet, but they make me smile nonetheless.
So with the new shelving originating from the sidewalk, my DI beautifying accessories, and some stuff I already had, I now have a laundry room oasis. If only there were room for a comfy chair.
Labels: furniture makeovers, thrifty stuff
wow! will you come to utah and find DI treasures for my house too?? i'm willing to hire you (or robin's mom) to do this. i wish i had the knack for these ideas like you do! impressive!
Fulkerson Clan said...
November 18, 2008 at 9:17 PM
whatever, my laundry room was the first room i painted when we moved in, with free oops paint from the depot. i do not discriminate, i am an equal opportunity decorator. and oh how i miss di right around the corner.
Lindsey said...
November 18, 2008 at 9:55 PM
Can we say "nesting!!"
Mandagirl said...
November 19, 2008 at 8:30 AM
Very cute! Once I find the right shower curtain, and stuff holder, and decoration for my bathroom I may have to get your inspiration for my laundry room! Love it. (BTW I see Pooh Bear in the picture, but it may be because you suggested it and I LOVE Pooh Bear!)
Laura Z said...
November 19, 2008 at 2:41 PM
You are a nut! The laundry room looks fabulous.
Ingrid said...
November 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM
You are my hero. I need to follow you around. You are so creative. I am wanting to liven up my laundry room now. I might need your help!!!
Kim H said...
November 20, 2008 at 12:30 AM
I love the DI, all we have here is the value village, good too, but not the DI by any means, awesome floor, my laundry room is in the dungeon -our basement so we just don't wear clean clothes much. :)
Stephanie M Larsen said...
November 28, 2008 at 1:09 PM