I've recently discovered that I'm a huge sucker for tin buckets and containers of any shape, size, or color. I didn't realize that not everyone is as enamored with these things as I am until I was given one by a friend who DIDN'T WANT IT! What!?!?! Of course I said I'd take it off her hands - I could only think of about 18 different uses for it. They're great for making ugly clutter look almost organized and even a bit charming, I think. Doesn't everyone need a little more of those tricks up their sleeve, or am I the only concealer around here? So I started counting all my little tin friends around the house and stopped at 15. Really - the possibilities are endless.
Who doesn't need a lovely "toiletry tin"?

Life wouldn't be complete without a "rag tin."

Or how about a "kitchen gadget tin?" OK I think this actually ceramic, but it could have just as easily been metal.
And I know you all must have a "back of the toilet tin" - originally a flower pot.

Look! I'm even passing on the joy of tinning to my children!

It's Christmas - let's celebrate by filling a tin with glass ornaments! Afterall, they can't hang on the tree anymore.

Then of course, there is the "have on hand tin" just in case you need one in a pinch.

I know I am NOT normal. But seriously, If you have a problem zone, throw it all in a bucket. It will make you feel better....at least until the bucket starts to overflow. Then you'll have to sort a bit. But for the time being...PROBLEM SOLVED. And if you're thinking you might like to become a fellow tin lover, don't waste your money at "real" stores. I got all but one of these at one thrift store or another. Ahhhh. How lovely.
oh carrie . . . you're hilarious. i love a good tin too. and baskets . . .
so, you're not crazy.
love the orange post. so true. so true.
robin said...
December 7, 2008 at 8:30 PM
love the tins! i need more of them in my life because i'm more into making "piles". but a pile in a tin, yes, that would help conceal my bad habit...hmmm...
Fulkerson Clan said...
December 8, 2008 at 8:54 AM
and the best thing is they look great in a coat of spray paint, i love a great tin also
Lindsey said...
December 8, 2008 at 1:09 PM