So I'm not sure which it is - I have a pumpkin deficiency, or the wee babe I'm growing has a pumpkin deficiency, OR these cookies are really just THAT good. Whatever the case, I cannot keep my hands out of the these delightful treats. When we got married my sweet grandma passed on a whole collection of her cookbooks to me. I found this recipe in one of them. The books are so old and so cute - and Robin, I could totally see them on display in your kitchen, except for that you don't cook, so maybe not.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 C. butter (sounding good already, eh?)
2 C. sugar
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 1/2 C. chocolate chips (the recipe ACTUALLY has raisins and chopped nuts here, but really...)
Cream butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, and next 5 ingredients; add to batter and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips ( or raisins and nuts, blah blah). Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen.
Just look at this baby!
And the best part - Grammy even signed the inside. Don't you love how Grandmas sign everything? THANKS GRAMMY!
Carrie, It is so good to hear from you. I was actually just thinking about you the other day, and then voila, there you are! I have had so much fun reading your blog and catching up with your life. Your blogs are fun and witty! I loved the one with the old man and your hobby! Congratulations on baby #4! It is the best one yet! I swear it just gets better and better every time. But maybe that is just cause I have fewer and fewer brain cells!I am so excited that we can be blogging buddies now!
Tera said...
December 9, 2008 at 7:09 PM
was that a shout out to me? this robin? were you saying you could see that book in my kitchen?
well, even if you weren't referring to me, i could still see it in my kitchen! i love old cookbooks. and i LOVE pumpkin, chocolate chip cookies. we make dozens and dozens and dozens in the fall time.
robin said...
December 14, 2008 at 8:10 PM