As much as I LOVE decorating for Christmas, I think I may get just as much of a thrill taking it all down. Something magical happens when all the Christmas sparklies are brought in from the garage, but when they're put back...KABAAMMM!!! It's like my house is instantly doubled in size. There's no other feeling like it. I've spent the last couple of days cleaning, putting away, and it's actually been fun. And then I got to redecorate because I can never remember how I had everything anyway. Today I think I'll just sit between loads of vacation laundry. Maybe watch Emma. I could watch the last 10 minutes over and over again. If I remain silent it is only because I fear waking from this dream... ohhhhh!! I love, love, LOVE it! Thanks Reas, for getting me a mushy movie.
We took a fun trip to California to visit family for New Year's and had a great time eating, laughing, eating, watching movies, eating, shopping, eating, playing games, eating. Has anyone played Pictionary Man? It's got to be one of the dumbest games ever, but you'll never laugh so hard! That game, combined with a plate of fudge and an endless supply of Manzanita soda and the night is set. Apparently I was too busy eating to think about taking pictures because I have like 3 pictures from the whole 4 days. So here's one of them. We got to see my cousin, Leslie's new baby, Isaac William. He's seriously one of the cutest little guys I've ever seen. Look at these lips!
Labels: motherly moments, vacations
Hi-ya Carrie. I'm glad our blog made you smile. Chris and I only recently decided to tackle a blog. Now we use it as a threat, "you better watch out or I'll blog about you!" Glad to see your family is doing well. Maggie looks exactly like you and if I remember correctly you looked just like that when you were her age. Do you live in Vegas? What's Reas doing? Talk to you later.
Keeping Up With The Joneses said...
January 6, 2009 at 9:27 PM
He is a cutie. Glad you had a good vacay.
Kim H said...
January 7, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Do you want to come and put my Christmas decorations away too?? I just didn't love putting things away this year. I wanted them away, but I have been slow. I'm glad to know that you have Emma... we may just have to watch it together. I wanted to watch it at my parents, but never got to it.
Ingrid said...
January 8, 2009 at 3:13 PM
i LOVE emma . . .
"i felt listless and had sort of a headache, so i must be in love. . ."
robin said...
January 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM
love the potty talk--nothing like candy cane poo, never heard that before. i so feel the same way about the christmas decor. i feel like my house is clean again when it's all shoved back in it's bins. good stuff carrie
Laurie Von said...
January 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM