During 2008, Reas earned a whole truckload of points at work that could be redeemed for dollars at certain stores. He chose to cash in at Best Buy where he could finally get the beloved Wii. Oh my. If we had only known how our lives would change.
Ty's head has now inflated beyond healthy measures for any 4 year-old. And Reas is losing sleep over the fact that he is regularly smoked at bowling by his son. Ty's bowling record? A Whopping 235!!!! That was 7 strikes IN A ROW all y'all. His skill level is consistently at the pro level. I wish I had video to share Ty's technique. He looks totally uncoordinated, like he's about to fall over at any second. Apparently, there's something to it though.
And here - the disappointment of A SPARE.
Needless to say, the circumstances have called for more than a few reminders about humility and such things. We're thinking an outing to the REAL bowling alley just might do the trick. Reas was plotting out the evil scheme last night..."just wait till Ty tries bowling with a 16 pounder...."
Labels: Ty
Go Ty! Wii bowling is also a huge hit at our house. Haylee is our champ. Funny story - one night she took the wii remote upstairs with her while she put on her pj's. We yelled up to her that it was her turn. She decided to take her turn, and she got a strike... from upstairs! Needless to say, she was pretty dang proud of herself:)
Wilcox Crew said...
January 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Pretty awesome - Go Ty! Just make sure you keep the strap around your wrist or you can end up replacing your TV when the remote flies through it! :-)
Laura Z said...
January 29, 2009 at 12:08 PM
Ty is getting so big! I loved your hormone story. It's funny how we know we're being irrational but there is just no stopping the "beast." I LOVE your D.I. clocks. You always find such great things to decorate with.
Jori said...
February 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM
okay, your hellish hormones post was one of the funniest things i ever read. i'm just so glad to know that i'm not the only wife who does that. i do that same exact thing! but wow, points to reas. what a guy.
oh, and the bowling. i love it. hilarious.
robin said...
February 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM
Ty is such an awesome bowler. That is a sport I love. I will have to challenge him. Never had that high of a score in any bowling I have done. Go TY.
Kim H said...
February 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM