I saw this little project posted over at the The Happy Homebody and it looked like fun. If you have an empty wall that's screaming for attention this is such a cheap, quick, and easy project. But it looks good in the end, which is what we really want, right? So all you need is an old picture frame (minus the glass) painted to your heart's content, a letter (as in ABCDE... etc.) and cute wrapping paper or scrapbook paper. If you do this right, you'll either use a frame you have stashed in the back of your closet that you think you might use someday but still haven't OR you'll go to your favorite neighborhood thrift store and pick one up for 50 cents. Yep, I found this one at DI for 2 QUARTERS!!! Even my own mother - who ranks rather high on the thrifty shopper list- gave me a LOOK when I told her about the beautiful glassless, backless picture frame I found. It took me a year to find its purpose, but hey, I'm patient. Then you run on over to Michael's and buy yourself your little letter of choice for $1.99 and some lovely paper of sorts to cover the back cardboard with. Glue it all together and VOILA!!
Almost instant wall decor for $3.00.
Labels: mini projects
That is you cute. You need to start a class.
Kari said...
January 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM
Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Very cute.
Kim H said...
January 13, 2009 at 10:06 PM
What a cute and fun project. I would have never thought to purchase a glassless, backless frame for 2 quarters! I need to gain some patience and start shopping at the DI.
Unknown said...
January 14, 2009 at 1:43 PM