Pages

If any of you are like me, ocassionally or perhaps not so occassionally, 5:00 rolls around and you realize, uh oh, my family would probably like to have dinner tonight. Next thing you do, open the fridge, the freezer, the cupboards, somehow hoping that a little fairy has put something new in there. But really you know you're just going to find the same old refried beans, cans of corn and peaches, and bag of frozen broccoli that you keep meaning to use to make a healthy dinner.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who at times suffers from the 5:00 Dinner Blues. If you're part of the club I have a little secret that might help. My super cool and talented sister-in-law Crystalin, who just happens to be an amazing cook as well, has started a recipe blog. HERE she posts lots of great family friendly recipes. Recently she just posted a bunch of recipes for yummy summertime drinks like pina coladas, strawberry shakes, orange julius, and more. Check them out. And your husband will LOVE you for it! Don't forget to leave her a little love comment.

Occassionally her kitchen skills call for spices that make me think, "WHAT the heck is that?" but not very often - and that's just me, who's not so creative in the kitchen. So I just ask her. She never laughs, or at least I don't know that she is since it's all computer talk anyway. She's a great question answerer. I just know you'll love her.

4 comments:

wow, did we talk this week or something? i'm TOTALLY in the rut you refer to when it comes to dinner. i made the happy assumption that since i was good at the grocery store and didn't overspend (while also not planning a menu!) magically, meals would appear nightly somehow with no prior thought or planning. yeah, we had kfc and chinese takeout the last two nights, and tonight? BLT's, only, um, no tomatoes...that's just sad. i'm so checking out that site you suggested! thanks!

April 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

You are definatly not the only one. It happens here every night. we had eggs and pancakes last night and that is what happens on a good night.

May 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Thanks for posting this. Kimmie told me about Crystalin's blog and I have been meaning to look but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder I have heard she is a really great cook!

May 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

I am right there with you. dinner blues happen more often than not at my home. Freezer meals anyone??

May 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home