Pages

No News

I have recently discovered a major oversight in the world. You know the all popular "What to Expect" series - somehow along the way they forgot to write a "What to Expect When You're Overdue and Showing NO Signs of Labor." Yep, that's what I'm needing about now. A few tips on how to cope, how to change my mindset from "I have a feeling this baby is coming early" to "I have a feeling I'm gonna be pregnant for 6 more weeks" would come in handy. The 13th was my due date, so it's only been a day, but feels like FOREVER! Not only that, but I'm totally the last man standing right now. I have 2 friends and a sister in law who were all due within a week or so of my due date. 2 of the 3 are holding their sweet baby girls right now and the last one is in labor as I type this. As a side note I feel the need to add that one of them was like 10 days overdue, so I am so so happy that she's done now, but now we're talking about ME! Why the heck does my baby want to stay in there? Ok, I guess I can think of quite a few reasons, but still. And yes, I do have a say in this. My doctor would happily induce, but I've gone that route before and I'll just say the induction/epidural road is NOT for me. My body doesn't cooperate, so in the meantime I wait. Maybe she's just giving me more time to practice my breathing technique, or to clean my bathrooms, or to learn a little patience, but probably to buy her more clothes. Whatever the reason, I'm finding myself not knowing what to do with myself. Suggestions anyone? And no, I'm not going to drink castor oil!

6 comments:

I have a feeling that if I didn't have c-sections I would be terminally pregnant. The baby would hear all of the chaos and screaming children on the outside and NEVER want to come out! I'm so sorry that your little girl hasn't decided to come out yet. Being over due is so excrutiating! Believe it or not, when she is finally here, you'll wonder how the time went so fast! The best things in life are worth the wait (and the weight!! But that last little word was for me, it's what I tell myself whenever I see the 15 extra pounds I can't get off - it was worth it!)!

April 15, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

My docotors told me to have sex and that seamen will cause contractions. (sorry it's so gross) Good Luck!

April 16, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Hi Carrie,

I came across your blog on Wendy and Ricks blog. I don't know if you would remember us or not, )David Ferguson & Jennifer Woolley), it's been a long time since we've seen the two of you. Your family is adorable and I'm happy to hear you are having another one, how exciting! Well, take care and good luck with your little one! Say Hi to Reas for us!

~ Jennifer (Woolley) Ferguson

April 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

I guess they just come when they are ready... but there is always walking, walking, walking, taking nasty herbs like black and blue choash (sp?), getting out the breast pump and stimulating your nipples to a pulp, stripping membranes and more walking. Oh yea, sex too but I hear you have to really get into it.

or... take a deep breath and try to be patient. I know, I know. I was hating it too. But look at the bright side. My bum is sore and nipples are on fire and your are not...

Call me if you want to talk about it... I don't have your number.

April 17, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

dang it . . . i checked your blog today SURE there would be baby news . . .

grr . . .

April 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

I called and got the answering machine. Hopefully you are in the hospital having a baby. Let us know when she is here!!!

April 18, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home