
As the discomforts of pregnancy increase I'm trying to focus more on those pregnant moments that I love - the ones that I somehow miss when they're gone. I definitely will not miss struggling to roll over during the night, nearly suffocating beneath my own weight, getting winded by a trip upstairs, or a single article of maternity clothes! I'm already planning my post delivery shopping extravaganza...actually it's already begun. I'll admit last week I bought two new shirts that I'm hoping will fit me in a couple of weeks. We'll see.
Anyway, back to those moments I know I will miss...
I will miss talking about "baby" with the kids. They're so excited! I love it when they're all sitting around me, and just can't get close enough to my tummy, waiting for her to move or roll. Then they laugh and squeal, "I just felt that!!"
I will miss Claire trying to take care of her baby sister in utero. She has been known to bring toys, snacks, pajamas, among other baby treasures to give to baby. And yes, she really does try to GIVE them to her - the best way she knows how - down my shirt.

I will miss the feeling of anticipation and excitement that we're all feeling while waiting to welcome a little stranger who we already love and adore. There's always something to talk about!
I will miss the daddy baby bonding moments when Reas talks to my belly (please don't hate me for writing this ).
It's hard to imagine that the love I already have for her could ever increase, but I know it will. I'm grateful to be a mother. I'm grateful that mothers are blessed with an endless ability to love their children. Even when it's hard, and even when our kids are naughty, a mother doesn't stop loving. I am grateful for my own mom who has shown me the kind of mother I want to be. We were lucky enough to have her stay here with us during this last week helping to get ready for baby. She shopped, cleaned, cooked, did stinky laundry, wiped out my kitchen drawers, organized my pantry, made beds, made breakfast so I could sleep in, played a kazillion board games with the kids, read them stories, and even played the Wii with Ty. Grandmas sacrifice just as much as mothers. Thanks Mom!! We all LOVE you. And thanks DAD for letting her come pamper me for so long!
Now thanks to Grandma our house is clean, the laundry done, freezers stocked, and we're ready for a baby! You hear that, baby? Just COME!!!!!
...after Grandma comes back, that is.
I am so excited. I remember feeling all of those same feelings with each of my pregnancies. I love the anticipation and all of the "baby" talk. You are right, there is always something to talk about. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother. That is something I have always envied, a mother who is willing to come and help, be with me, celebrate with me, help and play with my kids. You are so lucky! Enjoy these last few days, they seem to drag on, but then you will miss them ... eventually! You look so great, so thin still, how do you manage that?
Tera said...
April 4, 2009 at 7:12 PM
Those pictures with Claire are the sweetest. That's pretty funny about Claire stuffing things down your shirt. Sarah just holds things up to my stomach and can't figure out why the baby doesn't reach out and grab them. One week or less to go... hopefully.
Ingrid said...
April 5, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Sigh... I'm waiting too. Those are darling pictures of Claire and you. Your hair cut it cute too.
Mandagirl said...
April 6, 2009 at 12:36 PM
As if the pictures didn't make me tear up enought the journaling just made me cry. I love this post. We can all relate. Thanks for sharing.
Art Solomon said...
April 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM
Care Bear, I sure miss you! Your pictures are so YOU--making the most of being tired by sitting down to snuggle with a kiddo. And I love the red and white maternity top you're wearing in your other pic. Hang in there; we're all rooting for you!
Crystalin Dunn said...
April 13, 2009 at 7:13 AM