Pages

I just had the BEST thrift store night. Possibly one of my best ever. I'm still shaking with excitement and nearly hyperventilating. After a not so good day with the saddy crying babe, Reas shooed me out for an outing of my own. Ok, actually I told him I was going, but still. He was happy to take over. I started out at DI, of course, and came away with pure delight.

I've been dying to replace the boring beastly brass light of a thing on the outside of the house by the driveway since before we even moved in, but couldn't bring myself to fork out the $60 or more to do so. And oh oh my. There was a reason why. Subconsciously I just knew there would be something out there. I got this baby for $2!! I was too excited and forgot to take a picture of the BEFORE. She was a rusty bronze color. Now, after her little paint job she's ready to out shine 'em all.


NEXT. Now, you have to understand. I have this thing for ladders. I'm not sure how it all came about, but it's kind of weird. I've been itching for years, literally, to find me the perfect little ladder or maybe a few of them if my stars would all align just right. I found one TONIGHT. It was right there waiting for me to bring it home. Five smackers later and it's the newest member of the family - and it doesn't cry. Ever.




Now. If I could only decide where to put it.


It could be used for a strictly functional purpose and add a bit of shabby charm to the kids' bathroom.


Or...it could serve a purpose, but still make a fashion statement.




Or...it could just sit there looking good and telling the world, "I'm sitting here because this girl's got a thing for me."

I'm attempting to hide those disturbing electrical cords. Hmmm. I'll have to work with that a bit.

What to do, what to do?


Next. Yes there's more! I've seen jewelry trees out and about in blogland. I've been thinking about finding one for the girls' room. Funny how sometimes you just have to think really hard and then kabamm! there it is. That is - if you're willing to work with what you stumble across. Like this lovely, crunched up, hot pink Easter egg tree -EGGS INCLUDED! Probably not worth its .75 cents, but it was EXACTLY what I had in mind. Perfect size for a jewelry tree.


After fluffing and painting, I'm quite pleased with the results. And now Maggie is excited to put her jewelry away in its special little place.




And last of all, this is seriously the cutest little $1 egg collecting basket with the chicken wire and all. Although I don't have immediate plans to hit the ranch, I think it does a darn good job collectings books. And when my farmgirls call me up one day, I'll totally be prepared.




Then there were other things like a huge square down pillow form - who could possibly pass that up? And another little square tile to add to my collection. I just know I'll find something to do with them sooner or later. In the meantime, we might need to add on an extra bedroom for storage space.

All of these TREASURES for $10.75!

Now I'm off to bed to dream about light fixtures and ladders.

6 comments:

So excited to have you look at my extra room and share your inspiration! You rock.

July 27, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

you are a bargain queen I swear. I bookmark your findings so I can later use them and be inspired all over again!

July 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

You are so cute. I am so glad you got out by yourself. Sounds like you really needed it!

July 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

did i tell you i found my local di? i found the best treasure, i will blog about it soon. is your di getting a bit pricy?

July 28, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Good day thrifting! I Went yesterday too for the kids birthday gifts. You can just get cooler toys for the amount of money. And, I did. I got a huge tin of lincoln logs to make a whole farm, all new laser tag guns, horses/riders and a great material barn to house them. Just what I was looking for (the horses/barn). But, sadly Alberta is super expensive and my trip added up to way more! ;(

I love your jewelry tree, so cute! And, really I love all the new decorating pieces, the egg basket, and the stool that just sits thinking "this girls got a thing for me" :)

July 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Very cute! I am always amazed at your transformations.

August 6, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home