Pages


I know this is nothing new. We've all seen the "parfait" on the McDonald's menu, but in case you need a reminder about just how delicious this can be, let me refresh your memory. This is DANG good!! Perfect on a hot day.

First, you take your scrumptious yogurt. If you're going for true health food, I guess you better use plain. As for me, I LOVE Yoplait's vanilla.


Next, you go berry picking. Any will do. I went for the strawberries and blueberries.



Wash 'em and cut 'em up real nice.

Then you grab your big 'ol family size box of Grape Nuts. Family size because we love them THAT much.


Please, please, PLEASE don't forget to top it off with the whipped cream. It just WILL NOT be the same. Yes, I think "heavy" will work beeeeautifully.


Layer it all in any order you like. If you want to feel spoiled like a true princess get yourself a fancy dish like this. It will taste even better.

Then find yourself a cute little guy to share the joy with, and you're all set.


The next thing you'll know, THIS will be staring you in the face. Try not to cry.


There's always tomorrow to do it all over again.

2 comments:

I love this post! Blogging is so fun, because you can add pictures, it's like journaling in color, I love it.

July 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

Thank you, Carrie! I had to speak at youth conference and had forgotten that I'd signed up to take dessert to a family. Okay, Carrie to the rescue - I had strawberries and some vanilla yogurt, and I ALWAYS have Grapenuts and whipping cream! Dad walked in while I was making it and gave me that look - you know the one, "You're making that good stuff and it's walking out the door?" I made one for each of us, we tasted it, and we both looked like Ty! Thanks, Sweetie!

July 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home