In case it wasn't obvious enough already, I have no blogging mojo lately. Could it be the 110 degree weather? maybe. I catch myself thinking "please don't talk to me, breath on me, or touch me." That's a tricky thing with four little ones. And there's just not enough air flow at the computer desk to sit here for very long! And the mouse gets all sweaty. If only someone would bring me a cherry limeade or something (thanks Laura. I think I'm hooked), then all my cares would flutter away.
Despite the blasted heat that I'm just going to have to deal with, I'm beginning to get back into project mode once again. Projects? PROJECTS? Yes, I know. Don't yell at me. I still haven't started blogging about our trip, but I can tie it all in. Watch this.
Driving half way across the country (see? I told you I could do it) led us through so many little cute towns with little cute houses and some very BIG cute houses that I was drooling over. Whether they were big, little, old or new they all had one thing in common. The most beautiful and charming front porches. I was too busy dreaming to think to take any pictures, so you'll just have to believe me on this one. I came home inspired to do something about THIS (the porch. not the kids):
Months ago, I found two of these chairs at DI for $5 bucks. Hmm. Imagine that. Definitely in need of some updating. That fabric was even uglier in real life. Sorry about the blurry picture. Don't stare too long or you'll start going cross-eyed.
I hadn't gotten around to painting or recovering them, but was totally inspired to do so while we were gone. I'm such a sucker for toile. Anything toile. If I could find toile toilet paper, believe me, it'd be in my bathroom.
I potted some more flowers for the umpteenth time and am praying really hard that I can keep them alive longer than a week or two. It's amazing what a little color can do.
A rustic wooden crate for extra seating with a little personal touch by moi.
There's nothing like a welcome sign to say um... "welcome!" to your guests.
...and there we go!
Not too fancy or frilly, and maybe doesn't compare to the lakeside estates in Missouri, but it makes me smile nonetheless. So go ahead. Plant some flowers and home-ify your front porch. Your neighbors won't be able to keep the cookies away. I'm sure I'll hear knocking any minute now.
Next on my list - PAINT THE FRONT DOOR! Can't wait.
Labels: outdoor projects
Love the fabric you covered the chairs in. You did such a great job. I really love how you can see an old, out dated something and see what it could be. That takes talent!
Tera said...
July 2, 2009 at 7:29 AM
oh how i love a before and after. looks great, and so jealous that di is so close. you find the best stuff.
Lindsey said...
July 2, 2009 at 11:39 AM
I love it! You seriously always have cute projects. I bookmark them so I can use them when Jason and I finally get a house.
Blissful & Domestic said...
July 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Looks fabulous! I love it. I think I may need to have you and your munchkins over for a "play" date so you can help me with my OFFICE that will one day (soon) be ready to redo!
Laura Z said...
July 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM
you are so prolific! love what you did with the chairs! And where do I find some cherry limeade? That sounds so refreshing in this Vegas heat
Ammo and Josh said...
July 2, 2009 at 11:09 PM