Recently my eyes were opened to the fact that I mention icecream - a lot. I hadn't realized my obsession was so obvious. Sometimes a girl's just got to let it out. I won't talk about icecream today. Instead, let's talk about chocolate cake. I wouldn't say I love chocolate cake. I'm actually kind of picky about it...it's usually too dry or the icing is too grocery store bakery-ish, if you know what I mean. I do LOVE Costco's all American chocolate cake and my newest love - the cake I had a couple of weeks ago while visiting a dear friend (I can't remember where she said it came from...Anne Marie, any help here?).
Anyway, I have a secret. Or at least I think it's a secret to the general population. I know how to make so - so chocolate cake like out of this world crazy undeniably wickedly awesome. And it's soooooo easy. Pour milk over it. That's it. Milk is the ticket to a chocolatey cakey wild ride aboard the bliss train. I have to thank my chocolate loving dad for this. I think it must've been something he did on the farm or something. Gotta love those farm boys. I remember him doing this all the time with our leftover drying birthday cake, which we had an abundance of considering the mass production of birthday cakes that occurred in our house each year. All those years I looked at him like, "What in the world are you eating?!" Actually, I don't think I only looked at him like that. I'm pretty sure I said it to him too. It wasn't until after I was married that I finally tried it. It was love at first mushy bite. That's the thing about this method. It's very mushy. So if you're into chocolate mush soggied up by ice cold milk, then I'm pretty sure you'll like it. If the thought makes you sick, try it any way. You might like it - you might not, but I guarantee it won't be as bad as you might think.
Labels: Recipes
The cake came from Trader Joes :) Now I am having a major craving from cake and ice cream.....MMMMmmmmm! Sounds soooo good!
Ammo and Josh said...
June 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM