Pages

I've been reminded that Summer and blogging don't mesh.  There's way too much blogging material and not enough time to post.  Here's my attempt to quickly catch up on our fun. Recently, the kids and I spent 10 days in CA with my parents, lots of cousins, and aunts and uncles.  I hardly saw my stinky dust covered children due to the fact that there are acres and acres of open land to roam free on.  The kids LOVED every second of it.  I love it when they get the chance to be kids who aren't locked in by busy streets, propety lines, walls, and strangers.

Grandma snuggles.


Ty was in heaven with all these boy cousins. They were only slightly posing here.



5 out of the 6 grandkids born while my parents were on their mission to Argentina.  Tessa, Nate, Claire, Lauren, and Abby.  Matthew wasn't there that day.  They're all 3 and 4 years old now! Ay caramba, where'd the time go?



Filling up Grandma's kitchen with fun and messes. 



My dad organized races down his dirt road, even for me and my sisters...I lost.  Glad there aren't pictures of that one.  I grew up on this dusty road from the time I was 11.  I've taken hundreds of walks with my mom right here.  I love it that the kids get to experience it as well.



Great Grammy and some of her cuties






Usually when it's time to pack up and head home there are lots of tears, but not this time.  We got to bring two of our neices home with us!  These girls are the best.  We had such a great time with them.  My kids adore them and I must say the extra help around the house was divine.  We showed them some of our favorite spots.




 



We're looking forward to lots more summer adventures in the next few weeks.  Next on our list - a week in Yellowstone (cool temperatures...yesssss!)

1 comments:

What a fun vacation. I think that all the cousins look like the best part, and nice that you could bring a few back with you. Sarah keeps asking why Claire looks different. I keep telling her it is the cute haircut. We can hardly wait to see it in person.

June 29, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home