Pages

Pity me everyone. Please.  It's Friday night.  The kids are sleeping soundly...a most happy time of the day.  I love a good Friday night...maybe a movie...icecream of course.  Generally speaking, I never make it to the end of the movie without falling asleep, but I get to fall asleep with my head in Reas' lap, or in his armpit.  Whoa! that doesn't sound pleasant, but his deodorant works pretty good actually.  Speaking of deodorant, when Reas was on his mission and I was in one of those moods where I was missing him so much it actually hurt, I could literally smell his deodorant...from Bolivia.  Anyway, I'm not out to talk about deodorant.  I'm seeking sympathy.  The problem is that on this lovely Friday night there is no movie, no icecream, no lap, no armpit.  Not even a trace of a husband.  Reas fell asleep before the kids were even in bed.  He konked out while we were reading scriptures before bedtime.  He had dozed off even before his first turn to read.  Maggie woke him up, but by the second go around he was out cold.  It was no use.  We left him on the couch, I put the kids to bed, and then came down to wander aimlessly...all alone.  You know where I ended up?  Well here, obviously.  But before that?  I was reading my old blog posts for fun.  THAT is how pathetic I am.  I actually found myself laughing out loud at myself.  I'm a nerd...a lonely one, remember.  I'm not the least bit annoyed at Reas for sleeping.  He's just about worked himself into the ground.  He's working 55 hours a week AND going to grad school AND doing homework AND being ward mission leader at church AND being a dad and husband.  Tonight he was playing SkipBo with Ty and it kind of just made me want to cry for him.  He was SO tired.  Like he looked like he could've used someone to hold up his eyelids.  But he kept on playing 'cause that's what Ty needed.  Now that I think about it, he did the dinner dishes too because that's what I needed.  And he fixed Cosmo's hamster cage because that's what Maggie needed.  And he cuddled and played with Claire and Lily because that's what they needed.  When does he do what he needs?

I don't need sympathy.  I need to get my bootie in gear and decide how we're going to thank him.  Tomorrow's going to be awesome...

1 comments:

This is why I love blogs. Sometimes as Moms we get lonely. I forget there are women out there who understand. Reading there woes is oddly comforting.

October 14, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home