Claire: Mom, why do cops suck your blood?
me: uh....where'd you hear that?
Claire: Oh I just heard it a lot when I was 3.
(I could stop here and it would be amusing)
me: Cops don't suck your blood. Do you know what a cop is?
Claire: Yeah. They're bad people that have sharp teeth.
me: You mean a vampire?
Claire: Oh. Yeah, that's what I meant.
And this is why I think it could be a nightmare to spend a day in the mind of a kid.
Have you had Twilight overdose at your house? :) Yikes! Good thing you haven't had any encounters lately with the police. (Right) That could have really pushed Claire over the edge.
Ingrid said...
November 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Too funny! My kids frequently hear things wrong, and then repeat them. To their primary teacher. Who has the biggest mouth in the ward. :S Sheesh - what's a mom to do!? (The answer is laugh. That's what I'm trying to learn to do!)
Anonymous said...
November 11, 2010 at 5:24 PM
your kids are too cute!
Lindsey Dunn said...
November 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM
I hope the po po never pulls me over for speeding. :)
Jori said...
November 17, 2010 at 8:01 AM