For the record, Disneyland was FANTASTIC! The weather was perfect, the crowds were minimal, the kids had a blast, and Lily was happily (I use that word loosely) shipped off to stay with Grandma and Papa. Oh yes, it was good.
I'm not going to be too wordy here. Basically, a few sentences can sum up the whole experience.
Reas: Where do you want to go next??
Carrie: I'm SO glad we're not pushing around a stroller.
Maggie: That was AWESOME!!
Ty: Can we go on Big Thunder Mountain...again?
Claire: Is that REAL?
And that was pretty much it.
Reas was just a little nervous about the carousel...
We totally rocked the astroblasters...they were so into this!
Claire was pretty much living to see a princess...love her little shyness. And Belle was so cute.
A few of our favorite moments:
Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters
Eating cookies and milk for breakfast...we couldn't just dump out the rest of the milk now, could we?
Realizing that we don't ever have to venture on to Tom Sawyer Island again.
Mickey's Street Parade and dance party...awesome!
The haunted mansion all decked out for Halloween.
Favorite rides:
Reas - Space Mountain
Me -Indiana Jones
Maggie - The Matterhorn (which we affectionaly named the Maggerhorn)
Ty - Big Thunder Mountain
Claire - Finding Nemo submarine ride (slow and cute, her 2 requirements)
Everyone had a great time, and it was well worth the wait. The
bucket is ready to start saving for its next big trip...Reas and Maggie will be heading to Costa Rica!!!
Glad Reas survived the carousel! Looks like you had an AWESOME time! Did you know that we grew up 30 min away from Disneyland? I have some many happy memories at Disneyland. Such a magical place. Glad you guys had such a great vacation!
Ammo and Josh said...
November 1, 2010 at 8:02 PM
It makes me happy just looking at your pictures. I'm so glad you had such a great time. Sarah and I are going to Disney for her birthday... do you and Claire want to meet us there?
Ingrid said...
November 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM
Looks like fun. I like the ditch-the-baby idea.
I watched Lily dancing. Leah did too and joined in with some bum bouncing moves. The maggerhorn was fun to watch too, her shadow and all.
I use Picasa to cut my videos. It's free and easy to use. You can also edit photos which is fun to play around with.
http://picasa.google.com/
Mandagirl said...
November 3, 2010 at 10:28 AM
I really need to get us a bucket! This trip looks completely wonderful. SO glad you had fun.
Jori said...
November 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM
So fun! I hope I have good weather when I go in 2 weeks :)Your money bucket is the cutest story ever!
thebriggsfamily said...
November 3, 2010 at 9:02 PM