I spent a good part of my weekend agonizing, swearing (dang you...oh crap... what the?! Intense, I tell you!) and nearly crying over the toy room window treatments. I've made lots of curtains. LOTS. But for whatever reason everything that could possibly go wrong with these ones, did. Even hanging the rod was a nightmare. The rod brackets weren't cooperating, the anchors wouldn't fit, my drill and battery are dying and so I couldn't even drill a measly little hole right, the screw heads stripped, I cut one of the panels too short, I broke the needle on my sewing machine TWICE, I don't have enough fabric for the lining, I don't have anymore needles. blah blah blah.
I'm done. I'M DONE. Unfortunately, the curtains are not. Two of the three panels are complete and I'm beginning to think two will be good enough. Who needs curtains that actually cover the entire window anyway?
I need a break. A break from screwing things up.
I can't show the window treatments yet because I'm not ready to be happy about them. I'm not done sulking. I want to be mad a little longer.
*********I'm mad...I'm mad...I'm mad...I'm mad...*********
Still mad.
Alright, I suppose I'm feeling good enough to show an entirely different something that doesn't require power tools that are just gonna poop out and break on you.
I've had this $3 beaded garland thingy that couldn't find a home.

Since I didn't love it as much as I thought I would I
took a chance, and chopped it in 3.
Then wired the ends together, fluffed it all out, and hung 'em up.
Look how much fuller the mini wreaths look than it looked as one long stringy garland.
A succesful surgery, I think.
Home decor thought of the day: If you're mad and you happen to be staring at something you don't like much anyway, try hacking it to pieces.
It just might turn out kind of cute, and I KNOW it will make you feel better.
Where did you learn all those swear words?! Your therapy wreaths look great!
Mom said...
November 8, 2010 at 5:38 PM