Pages

Just as suspected, my list of things to do in the toyroom is growing not shrinking. 

Here's what I started out with:

Make handprint art with kids
Paint frames
hang the artwork
buy a curtain rod
sew window treatments
paint the bench
paint the bookcase
organize the game cubbies
find a BIG clock
find new storage for blankets
make a chalkboard

I'm making progress, except now I've added:

sew curtains for game storage
find chairs for craft table
build shelves in closet

Completed project is a foreign concept around here.  Good thing I enjoy the process.

So here's what IS done:

I got myself a little (24 inches!!!) clock for my birthday.  I'm sure it's exactly what Reas would've picked out for me had I given him the opportunity.  It was a joint effort, meaning I selected, and he paid.  Thanks honey!

Are these colors fabulous, or what!





I finished the window treatments, lining and all.  Sorry about the horrible lighting.  I really prefer floor length curtains, but considering this is a room that is often filled with unsupervised rugrats, I was too chicken to hang long drapes.  That "twist yourself up in the curtains" business would be much too tempting.


  Cheater tip: use an old sheet for the lining.  It's cheaper and it's already hemmed.




I painted my $5 dollar bench with some "Oops" paint from Wal-Mart.




And finally, I tackled another wall.  There are huge walls in this room.  Big walls are so hard to decorate without big stuff.  Big stuff obviously costs more.  Fortunately, my thriftstore stars were aligned and I found BIG.  It all needed a little help though.

This $2 sign had the perfect bones for something...


I still had 2 more of these stars waiting around to be used...


A $3 shelf is always a good find...



All my treasures got a spraypaint facelift, then I put it all together. 


I found the cute window mirror at a yard sale 4 years ago for $2!   It's been painted about 12 different colors because I keep moving it around.  I'm trying out black for a while.

I sprayed the sign with chalkboard paint and modpodged paper around the border.  I plan on totally brainwashing my kids with this sign.  I've already got a list of lovely little thoughts to put in their heads.




This entire wall cost $7, including the mirror which technically I shouldn't have to include since I already had it, but I will.  The paint and paper was all leftover from other projects.  Wahoo!

I found this awesome little...um thing at Goodwill. I don't really know what it's called. I'm sure it was never intended to be an art caddy, but such is the life of Goodwill merchandise. I LOVE it! 


 
And there's the present state of my toyroom progress.
I'll start up again in January.
For now, I've got the major Christmas craft itch and I'm decking my halls.

Complete with a whole lot of fa la la la la-ing. 

3 comments:

your energy, creativity and thriftiness never cease to amaze me! the toyroom looks awesome, i'm so impressed!

December 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

You are sooooo inspiring! Can't wait to see your "new and improved" playroom. How about coming back home for a week or so - I'd finance ANYTHING you'd like to do in our house!

December 3, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Yeah...well...it works Carrie.
I'm lovin' the look. Aren't toy rooms fun!

December 9, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home