Pages

I know it has been FOREVER since I've posted anything related to thriftiness, craftiness, or fun of that nature.  71 days in fact.  It's time. Reas took the day off work for Valentine's.  What?  He had a cold...he needed to rest.  So he stayed home and we finished up the work in the bathroom.  Very restful, and yes, it was totally romantic...it's a teeny bathroom. 

I love my new bathroom!  The beadboard makes it feel so much bigger.  And I love how it all of the sudden makes everything else look a little better.  I still plan to paint the cabinet and hopefully get a new faucet, but it already looks a kazillion times better than before. Speaking of which, I have searched and searched for a before picture I thought I took, but can't find it, so just imagine very boring.

No longer so!

 

A year or so ago, I framed out the mirror.  That was super easy and made a huge difference.  The trim is just glued over the top of the mirror with liquid nails.  Shhh, don't tell.  I'm pretty sure that's not correct installation procedure, but who's looking.  I found the trim at Home Depot and I'm not even sure what it is exactly. It's plastic on the outside and this weird foamy stuff on the inside. It's very lightweight so the liquid nails has worked fine.






I'm rather proud of my accessorizing in here since it all cost about $8 total. 

This flower box is one of my favorite thriftstore finds ever.  It hangs above the toilet. It was $1.99 at Goodwill, which generally speaking is a store that makes me fuming mad.  They get all their inventory for free and then charge incredibly outrageous prices.  Yes, I have strong feelings regarding stores that selfishly rip off thrifty shoppers.  However, every now and then it's possible to find a killer deal. 




I ripped apart a mini flower arrangement that I got at Michael's at 75% off and used the tulips to fill the box.  Wadded up newspaper and Spanish moss keeps all the flowers in place.  It makes me happy every time I walk in.  Bathrooms should make you happy, ya know.  With everything that goes on in there, we may as well surround ourselves with a little beauty.

My container that holds lotion,extra hand towels, and air freshener is actually a $1.00 flower pot from D.I.  Come to think of it, I have a lot of  flower pots that have just about everything in them, but flowers. 





I love my cute little bird prints.  The frames were .50 cents each from D.I. and I spray painted them to match. The pictures were cut out of greeting cards.  Voila!  Cheap and easy.



And since I have now shared a most private area of my home, we may as well move on to the trash.  Yes, even the waste basket came from D.I.  Is it not perfect for this crammed little spot?  Perfectly priced too...$1.00.





Funny enough, the one improvement in this bathroom that has undoubtedly changed my life for the better is the new real life toilet paper holder on the wall.  I've been 3 years without one, which in my book totally justified buying a new one.  I'm pretty sure I've never come across used toilet paper holder hardware anyway.  And now never again will I have to hear the bellowing words coming from the bathroom, "Mom, I can't reach the toilet paper!!!"  Ahhhh.  Seriously...it really is all about the little things.

And just for fun, since I happened to find myself standing in front of a mirror with camera in hand, my baby belly is coming along quite nicely at 15 weeks.  Yeah, the butt's growing too.





 
 

12 comments:

I LOVE your bathroom!!!!!!!!!! It looks fantastic! I love all of your fun accessories too!

February 16, 2011 at 12:05 PM  

SuPeR CuTe! just like your little baby bump! I love your ideas and i am SO impressed at your creativity. Way to go for being so thrifty. Now i cant wait for my next trip to DI!

February 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

Amazing bathroom makeover, I love the framed mirror! I can't wait to have a house to fix up..ohh someday;) Also I love your "Dangerous Experiment" I loved pretending like I was making potions when I was little, ha ha. Thanks for linking up, looking forward to getting to know you better!

February 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

I can't believe you are 15 weeks already. Where is the time going?

February 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

amazing again. looks great. I need to go to DI with you also. You always seem to find great things there.

February 16, 2011 at 9:15 PM  

So cute! I have a fetish for bathrooms, and yours looks so fresh and welcoming now! Stopping by from eisymorgan's inspiration party, and it was so nice to meet you :-) ~Kristin from Living Graciously

February 17, 2011 at 2:23 PM  

Wow, your bathroom turned out so beautiful, and so inspiring. I would like to try and beadboard out little bathroom downstairs too. It's on my list of summer projects. Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day. :)

February 18, 2011 at 6:55 AM  

Your bathroom looks great!! And so do you. I love being greeted by those fun pink tulips whenever I walk into that bathroom. The white trim makes everything look so crisp and clean. Good job sis.

February 18, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

What a great looking bathroom, and what a FUN blog, thank you for the sweet comments on my Blog, I love them!

I am your newest follower!

ladybirdln.blogspot.com

February 18, 2011 at 3:24 PM  

Your bathroom looks great! And, it's so nice to have you back in the creative mood. But, from my perspective, the best part of this blog post was your baby belly!

February 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

I love your bathroom! It's so inspiring -- do you mind if I just try and copy all of your wonderful ideas? I also loved Ty's ice cream quote!

February 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM  

Carrie, you are too funny. Awesome

February 26, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home