Pages

You will never NEVER hear me say, or after today see me write, the words hubby, hubs, hubster, or any such variation of a perfectly acceptable word.  I realize everyone uses these words, because I shudder inside everytime I have to hear them.  In fact, I had difficulty writing them just now.

Whenever I stop at a stoplight I intentionally stagger my car with the others already stopped in the other lanes.  If our windows were to line up, I can't NOT look and I'd rather avoid that awkward moment of eye contact.

Every once in a while I rock out to Air Supply and Chicago.  Loudly.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say I don't like sea food.  On occassion Reas has convinced me to try a shrimp if it's fried and battered enough.  It's like my tastebuds forgot to grow up with the rest of me.

6 comments:

i will NEVER use any variation of the word hubby (ooh, shudder) either! it is absolutely the worst, worst, worst "word" ever. i can't believe how many people use it! it really, really irritates me. i am so glad i will never come across that word on your blog. thank you.

now, can we talk about preggers?

February 26, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

I am with you 110% about those variations of the word husband (see, i couldn't even bring myself to write them, i cant even say them jokingly, lol) No offense to any one else out there ;) but preggers and prego are others i feel the same way about, i just cant do it.

I too love to rock out to Chicago among others, though it has been a while.

As for sea food, you are not alone. I think my husband is a little disappointed about how strongly i dislike any seafood but lucky for him he is a good cook and can make it for himself when he has a hankering.

February 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM  

1. Hubbers? People actually use that word?

2. Who doesn't love Chicago, and Air Supply..."I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you...."

3. I'm a little worried about moving back East because I know they eat a lot of sea food and they like things like clam chowder. I'm worried I'm actually going to be invited to someone's home for dinner and that is what they are going to serve and I'm going to have to choke it down and maybe hide some in my napkin.

4. Totally look in other peoples windows if I am stopped next to them at a stop light to.

You aren't that weird!

February 27, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

I didn't know you were so passionate about the word hubby. I wonder if I have ever said it? But as for the rest of your little known facts, we have them in common sister. But really carrie youre holding out on all of your fans, you have much weirder dislikes.....cardboard for one.

February 28, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

Shelly, yes you have said hubby, but I try really hard to just let it slide. i don't see how the disliking of cardboard could possibly be unusual. I can't imagine NOT hating it. Maybe I should have you write a "weird things about Carrie" post.

February 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

hahaha :)

February 28, 2011 at 5:24 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home